Turbo before the Note 4? (Verizon /VoLTE)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
But the note 4 supported svlte at release so, to me, volte isn't a big deal. The turbo didn't support simultaneous voice and data at release

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But the note 4 supported svlte at release so, to me, volte isn't a big deal. The turbo didn't support simultaneous voice and data at release

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

This. I would say Verizon focused on the Turbo first due to this.

LFD514

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I called Verizon and have been talking to them about the Note 4 getting the VOLTE update because I would like to get the new phone but only need it and use it if it has VOLTE. I was told by them that they have been waiting and have been talking with Samsung and they state that the hardware inside the Note 4 is not compatible with HD calling and can not but updated with VOLTE.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Well ... the only way to update hardware that isn't a PLA is to replace it, so no, the hardware can't be updated in the sense that the software can be.

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I called Verizon and have been talking to them about the Note 4 getting the VOLTE update because I would like to get the new phone but only need it and use it if it has VOLTE. I was told by them that they have been waiting and have been talking with Samsung and they state that the hardware inside the Note 4 is not compatible with HD calling and can not but updated with VOLTE.

That would seem to be ridiculous. The S4 and S5 are capable, not sure they would approve a build for VZ w/o the capability in the hardware.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Highly unlikely since Verizon is trying to push all of their phones to VOLTE. The turbo wasn't the first to get it, the iPhone 6 received it at launch. Verizon had to scramble to get VOLTE working on the Turbo because without it, you could not do Voice and Data at the same time and they were receiving a lot of complaints. The Turbo was built with one radio where as the Samsung phones are built with 2 radios which is why Samsung devices could do Voice/Data at the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699