best keyboard for the note 4....??!

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Slightly off-topic but does anyone know how to change, or if it's indeed possible to change a word so that it starts with a capital letter after it has been typed on the stock Note 4 keyboard?

It's possible to do it on SwiftKey but I can't seem to do it on stock.

Just to make it clear, say for example I type a name or another proper noun that the keypad doesn't recognise, I either have to delete and restart with a captial or change the first letter to a capital. On SwiftKey, I can just tap the shift key whilst the word is highlighted and it gives me the capitalized version on the correction list. Can this be done on stock please?

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Slightly off-topic but does anyone know how to change, or if it's indeed possible to change a word so that it starts with a capital letter after it has been typed on the stock Note 4 keyboard?

It's possible to do it on SwiftKey but I can't seem to do it on stock.

Just to make it clear, say for example I type a name or another proper noun that the keypad doesn't recognise, I either have to delete and restart with a captial or change the first letter to a capital. On SwiftKey, I can just tap the shift key whilst the word is highlighted and it gives me the capitalized version on the correction list. Can this be done on stock please?

Try typing the word then before hitting space hitting shift. see if it gives you a capital option.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Using Google keyboard for a long time now and it's predictability has got so spit on for me.

I can slop slide with minimal errors.

Posted via Android Central App

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend SwiftKey. Lots of different themes and kind of reminds me of the blackberry z10 keyboard.

Posted via the Android Central App

RexdaleNap

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
On note 3 I used all blacks mod which made everything dark theme.

The keyboard there was the best non BlackBerry keyboard I've used.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I finally got fed up with SwiftKey's poor accuracy and much-diminished prediction ability and tried Swype again.

They definitely fixed the problems. Accuracy is superb, it's very responsive, and I find the prediction slightly better than SwiftKey.

I just wish Swype had options for dedicated number row and the cursor errors.

I prefer the SwiftKey layout, but Swype just works a whole lot better for me.

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I've found having a dedicated number row is my #2 priority (swiping is #1). So those without that function are of my list.

Every time I read about keyboards so many love swift key, so I try it out again. The thing I don't like about swift key compared to stock (which is what I use), is when you misspell or the keyboard picks the wrong word, stock allows you to delete the word with a single backspace instead of backspace each letter. I also find stock easier to select a close word when it picks the wrong one. If swift key could mimic these 2 things (I don't see it as a setting), I'd try switching.

Posted via the Android Central App

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've Swype, swift and Google keyboards installed on my phone but I've been using the Google keyboard like 95% off the time. I find it much more useful for the kind of broken/slang English I speak with my families and friends. Swift key may be accurate but it brings up so many error for me.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty