Who else always uses max brightness? Does it drain the battery noticeably faster?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I love the screen and how vibrant it is on full brightness but when I am near someone and don't want everyone to see what I'm doing on this gigantic screen is when I use auto. Is it normal for the battery to be draining very fast when using full brightness? I'm rooted and using greenify Idk if this should be helping a lot or not lol. Anyways thanks in advance!!

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I always use max. Yes it drains faster but I have to have it there for optimum viewing pleasure lol
that's what chargers and xtra batteries are for
my 2 cents

John 3:16

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand max ... Maybe when watching Netflix or something I go up in the 90s ... but ... Usually I am about 30-40%.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Max brightness will drain faster. Display power draw is not as linear as you would think.

Full brightness will not be twice the power of 50% like you think.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Never had mine in Max brightness. Don't see any need for that. The display is already great and going Max will kill my battery.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't like it above about 50% and usually much lower. It makes the screen brighter not clearer, I think I might be a bit photosensitive as the brighter settings make me uncomfortable :)

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I wish there was more offset for the auto setting. I find it too dull even on +5.

On manual setting around 80% or 90% is good but it's nice to have a phone I don't need to run on 100%.

The auto boost in sunlight is impressive though it switches back too quickly when shaded. A few more seconds would be useful when trying to check a map or something.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, of course it is going to drain faster on max brightness.

In order to notice it, though, you'd need to run your device at a much lower setting for several days to get used to the battery life of the phone at lower settings. That way you'd have a much better frame of reference for the increased rate of drain.