USB computer issue

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Disregard. I figured it out, just did a system restore on my desktop to a previous day and it fixed it. I must have downloaded something that was causing some issue in the past couple daysIm not sure what I did, but all of a sudden when I plug the phone into my computer to go through the files the normal popup window is not there. On the phone I have selected to connect it as a media device like I always do but instead of the traditional popup window that gives me the open to open all of the phones files the only thing that pops up is what is "autoplay" with my phones name under that and a check box that says always do this for this device" with no files to click on or anything. It shows that my phone is connected, giving me the option to eject the android device but when I click computer on my desktop the phone doesn't show up. What do I do? I need to get into the files on the phone.

edit: Im sure it has something to do with USB debugging somehow. In the developer options, is USB debugging supposed to be clicked? I just want to get to the phones files, help!

Last edited: