Freezing and locking up

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden my device stutters and freezes for a few seconds here and there. I'll be typing and it'll freeze and then everything I typed quickly catches up after about 4 or 5 seconds of being frozen. Doesn't just happen when I'm typing.

I did a full factory reset last night. It's still having the issue. What else could I possibly try? Any ideas?

Thanks

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Do you have an SD card in the device? If so, try taking it out and see if the performance I'd any better. If it is you may need to replace it.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full. Still the same behavior with he SD card removed

Any other recommendations are appreciated.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Weird, if you have Facebook try disabling that. I've read that it can cause overall performance issues. If you don't have Fb I don't know what else it may be.

jetman5843

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue except it was w9rse. Random app crashes, restarts, locking up and found out it was related to the SD card. I removed the SD card, wiped cache and did a factory reset. It works fine after that.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
To wipe the cache

1. Turn the power off.
2. Press the volume up+home+power keys until you feel the phone vibrate.
3. Release the power and home keys but continue to press the volume up key until you enter the Recovery menu.
4. Use the volume up or down keys to navigate and the power key to select the 'wipe cache partition option.
5. Select 'Reboot' when done.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had it that bad but I had a world issue today. I got a phone call but I couldn't answer it. The screen was unresponsive and it just kept ringing. I finally had to remove the battery to get it to stop. Strange

Posted via the Android Central App

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is sending me a new device so I won't be able to provide a solution to this issue. Thanks for the assistance guys

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch