Note 4 support.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Was planning on moving from my Iphone 5 to the S6. But the S6 no micro SD or Removable battery. So I was looking at the Note 4. Great looking phone. But with it being only a 32 bit processor, and lollipop (native 64) will they keep up support for the Note 4? As in updates for both Note 4 (32) and Note 5 (64). I know they cant keep up support forever, But would hate to buy this phone and then they stop supporting it since its 32 bit.

Robert.

Andrew Read1

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I would ignore what you've read about the s6, as nothing is factual until samsung announce it and I find it hard to believe they'll stop micro sd and removal batteries, as these are 2 of there better selling points in comparison to iPhone. As for the note 4 I believe they'll continue to support it with updates for about 24 months from release regardless of being 64 or 32 bit. As this is the normal samsung process. That's not to say your network will support the phone for that length of time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I second ignoring S6 rumors. Some may be true but .. it is too far to tell.

The Note 4 is a solid phone -- I would nab it if you're looking for a good Android phone.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree that it sounds a bit crazy as I love that Samsung keeps the removable battery and ability to add an SD card. I would be very surprised if they eliminated those two items!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
We have 0 facts about what the S6 will be so I wouldn't even put it in my list of options until some relevant and specific facts are released. The Note 4, on the other hand is a completely known quantity.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I know a lot of article come out as "Confirmed" but I to have a hard time believing that the S6 lost 2 major things that separated them from the Iphone. And if by chance the S6 looses them, then the Note 4 cometh! The major reason I moving on from Apple, is that Android is so much more flexible. I hope they continue that flexibility.

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I really hope samsung doesn't go away from removable battery and storage but understand some of it. Before I switched to the Note even I thought the plastic back on the Samsung phones made them feel cheap. Of course now I see the value in it but it really doesn't scream quality and I think that's what samsung is trying to address.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I really hope samsung doesn't go away from removable battery and storage but understand some of it. Before I switched to the Note even I thought the plastic back on the Samsung phones made them feel cheap. Of course now I see the value in it but it really doesn't scream quality and I think that's what samsung is trying to address.

As long as they leave the removable battery in the Note series I doona care if they take it away from the S series. ...but its not necessary. The Galaxy Alpha has a very quality feel to it as does the Note 4. TBH, I like the Note 3 and S5 build but understand the luster of metal and unibodies.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't care anything about Samsung using a plastic back or whatever material they use. I always use a protective cover anyway (as most users do). So I don't see Samsung getting rid of replaceable battery and storage options (especially since micro SD cards can now go to 128GB). Especially since the majority of owners use protective covers.

Posted via Android Central App