Note 4 Data Usage High Compared to Note 2

TransAm461

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
One thing I've noticed with my Note 4,I've had it since Oct. 23, is the Data usage is high for some reason compared to what my Note 2 used,I have the same routine every month as far as how I use my phone. I owned my Note 2 for over two years,and rarely used over 50% of my 2GB monthly limit,the same routine with my Note 4,it always uses about 98% of it every month by the time it restarts,usually a couple days before,I start turning my data off so I won't go over. I've tried turning off and uninstalling everything I can think of that I don't use to try and help it,but seems to have little if any affect. I use WiFi while at home,so it doent even use any data when at home,but still have high usage. Anybody else notice high data usage out of their Note 4?

Thanks, Brian

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I cant really say, because i didnt have WiFi at home when i had my note2, so i dont use much data anymore

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Check your data usage to see which apps are using the data. You might be able to make adjustments.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's just some app eating more data in the background. Check the upload / sync settings in apps like Google +, Facebook, Flipboard ...

Check the refreshing time in weather widgets, Rss feeders, that kind of thing.

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I had a Note 2 for two years. I upgraded to the Note 4 last December. The mobile data use with my Note 2 for the time I had it was pretty constant. (About 1 GB per month give or take a megabyte or two).

I just got my full months bill for the Note 4 last week. The data was 1.2 GB which is in line with what I was getting with the 2... So, I can't say that my data use has increased noticeably.

I'll echo what others have mentioned. You should check in 'Settings' -> 'Data Usage' and and see which one of your apps is chewing up the memory.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Verizon Note 4 since late Oct. 2014 and only saw a brief spike the first week with the phone. But after it was set up to my liking (including going through every setting in the phone and disabling things I don't use and installing and configuring favorite apps) and settling into a normal usage pattern it's been pretty much the same as my old Note 2. :)

barrettdaniel

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Wow, 10gigs a month? Do you use wifi at all? I only pay for 1 gb of data per month in my mobile plan and I've never came close to going over! I do use wifi most of the time, though. I connect to wifi at home, at work, the gym and any other open wifi networks I can find.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
One thing I've noticed with my Note 4,I've had it since Oct. 23, is the Data usage is high for some reason compared to what my Note 2 used,I have the same routine every month as far as how I use my phone. I owned my Note 2 for over two years,and rarely used over 50% of my 2GB monthly limit,the same routine with my Note 4,it always uses about 98% of it every month by the time it restarts,usually a couple days before,I start turning my data off so I won't go over. I've tried turning off and uninstalling everything I can think of that I don't use to try and help it,but seems to have little if any affect. I use WiFi while at home,so it doent even use any data when at home,but still have high usage. Anybody else notice high data usage out of their Note 4?

Thanks, Brian

I noticed same thing. Called Verizon and mentioned this phone is using more data & asked for an explanation. They doubled my data plan with no extra cost instantly. These new phones do seem to use more data. Probably depends on who you speak with in customer service but it's certainly worth a try.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, 10gigs a month? Do you use wifi at all? I only pay for 1 gb of data per month in my mobile plan and I've never came close to going over! I do use wifi most of the time, though. I connect to wifi at home, at work, the gym and any other open wifi networks I can find.
I use Verizon wireless as my home Internet. So using wifi would also use mobile data4.My usage is well over 10gb.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4