Inconsistent Volume

OP_POP

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here. I have some issue with my Note4. The volume, especially for notification, keeps to be inconsistent. It usually starts pretty low and then it suddenly goes back to normal. Most of the time, it happens after removing the headphone from headphone jack.

These are the things I have tried:

Cleared the partition
Disabled sound adaptive app
Removed most apps
Restore Phone Factory Fresh
Samsung replaced back part of the phone including speakers

Nothing has helped, this is the video for it:
youtube . com /watch?v=GuSo7uI_hN4

I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Any solution?

Thanks

cmp007

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine does this and I love only noticed it while playing music. Sometimes the first song I play off Pandora is real low Bx if I get a notification or once the next song comes on its normal volume. It's annoying and I haven't fund a way to fix it besides skipping songs or getting a text or call.

Corbett Haas

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I have had this problem too. Watching a YouTube video or netflix... notice if I am in and out of the app the volume will fluctuate.

Posted via the Android Central App

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Newbie here. I have some issue with my Note4. The volume, especially for notification, keeps to be inconsistent. It usually starts pretty low and then it suddenly goes back to normal. Most of the time, it happens after removing the headphone from headphone jack.

There is some inconsistency with the volume levels but one thing I did notice was consistency depending whether the headphones are plugged in or not. I'm not saying what they did makes sense but this might explain part of what you are seeing.

You mentioned "...after removing the headphone from the headphone jack..." Android (or maybe it's just Samsung) has two volume settings depending on:
1) when the headphones are plugged in,
2) when the headphones are NOT plugged in

So when you have the headphones plugged in, it changes the volume level for Media & System to what they were previously set to when the headphones were plugged in. It does not change Notification & Ringtone.

When you unplug the headphones, it changes the volume level for Media & System to what they were previously set to when the headphones were NOT plugged in. It does not change Notification & Ringtone.

Not saying this is the best way to do things (I find it confusing too) but this is what I've noticed.

As they say "there's an app for that" - someone must have built an app to keep the volumes in sync and consistent.

Last edited:

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

These are the things I have tried:

Cleared the partition
Disabled sound adaptive app
Removed most apps
Restore Phone Factory Fresh
Samsung replaced back part of the phone including speakers

Nothing has helped, this is the video for it:
youtube . com /watch?v=GuSo7uI_hN4

I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Any solution?

Thanks

Have had this problem for a while and even though it hurts to see other ppl having the same issue, I am glad my phone isn't the only 1 doing so!

Hope there's a fix for that with the new lollipop update!

TornadoQuake

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue back in November and the only way I found to fix it was to completely reset my phone. Haven't had the problem come back since.

Posted via the Android Central App,
AT&T Note 4!

Paul Ayres

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue with my note 4 on kick kat and on lollypop.I've reset it many many times.basically the system sounds like the keyboard tapping sounds get quiet then go back to normal volume.also the water drop sound goes quiet then going back to normal volume it fluctuates.it's really annoying.Im assuming all note 4s have this and is there a fix
I've found a vid on YouTube of a guy with the same problem here look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuSo7uI_hN4

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty