If battery issue, delete cache, fixed my battery issue

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe but it takes about 30 seconds and it's increased performance on my prior devices in the past when doing it once didn't.

Last edited:

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you wee one. Next.

In the past [prior to today] whenever I modded a device, I always cleared the cache 3 times [1, 2, 3] to ensure a clean device.

Maybe you're no aware that the ritual of "Clearing The Cache" may sometimes not entirely clear the cache clean on the first go around.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you wee one. Next.

In the past [prior to today] whenever I modded a device, I always cleared the cache 3 times [1, 2, 3] to ensure a clean device.

Maybe you're no aware that the ritual of "Clearing The Cache" may sometimes not entirely clear the cache clean on the first go around.

According to what?

Link me up with your source.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm impressed by the results. I updated to lollipop this morning and it was a bit laggy / hesitant after. Didn't want to fool with a full factory wipe as I'm on a trip visiting family with my son. But did the cache wipe and WOW. Everything is now super responsive, lag free. Have too see about battery, traditionally I've made it through one day and charge while sleeping.

Thanks for this tip. I'll do it to my wife's S4 and mother-in-law S3 when I get home. Hopefully help their battery performance.

Man, even my SwiftKey is super fast now.

Happy!

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
So, I attempted this today. While booting into recovery mode and my up volume button was still pressed, I got the android robot on my screen with the message "updating system" or something like that. After about 10-15 seconds, it says "error" then the menu pops-up. I clear cache and reboot. Try again to see if that happens again and it in fact did however, both times I get the message that says cache delete complete.

Normal?

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So, I attempted this today. While booting into recovery mode and my up volume button was still pressed, I got the android robot on my screen with the message "updating system" or something like that. After about 10-15 seconds, it says "error" then the menu pops-up. I clear cache and reboot. Try again to see if that happens again and it in fact did however, both times I get the message that says cache delete complete.

Normal?

yes, I get the same notification. At first I thought it was really trying to re-install the OS update, but it went pretty quickly to "cannot find" something, and then on to the cache cleaning, but it took like a second to do the cache clean.. shouldn't it take longer?

anyway, still operating at well below regular battery life, about 50% of previous battery life expectations. not sure what to do next other than a full reset and re-install everything. which is such a pia.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I have so much on my phone since I don't even touch my laptop anymore. If it got to the point where I would have to either factory reset my device or suffer through sub-par battery performance, I'd suffer through the sub-par battery performance. There is no way I'm factory resetting my device unless it is absolutely necessary.

Rowlette

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Here is a suggestion uninstall the largest programs then do a program cache cleaning(ccleaner, 360, there are many) then reinstall them. Next load a app like Greenify and setup to hibernate programs which sit in the background which really drains the battery then execute them when needed then again hibernate.

curti21

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I was having trouble with this not 3 days ago. I searched for a good hour or two on Google, until I found this same thread, only for the S5. The cache cleaning solution was also mentioned there, and bam. The battery life is back to usual.

For me it was the Android System that was using it all with "CPU Total" and "Stay awake".

fbcltd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
thanks for this.... so much knowledge on this site.... my battery has never been better. another tip was using power saving mode (not ultra) and boom....36 hours of battery in normal use.