slimmest water resistant case

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
With a phablet, the choice of case is a tough one. It makes a big thing even bigger.

So, I'm seeking a case that will make the Note 4 water resistant such that I can use the phone in light rain all without creating a beastly sized device.

I'm often mowing the lawn or walking the dog when it begins to rain.... I'd like to be able to answer the phone or otherwise manipulate it without fear of water damage.

Any case ideas?... or am I stuck with something like the Defender?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I just received my Love Mei Water Resistant Case off Ebay. It is just that, resistant. It added a lot of weight, and dimensions, but I like it so far. I've had it in the rain at least twice, and all still works ok.

Here you go: note 4 love mei case | eBay

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Two ziplock baggies. Put the tablet into one, zip it shut, insert that one zipper-first into the second one and zip it shut. Not water-resistant, waterproof (down to a few feet, anyway). Lightweight, doesn't add much size and you can still use the screen and phone through them. (Replacements come with the originals. A box of whatever size you need [and the 2 gallon one should hold a 12" tablet easily] is a few bucks.)

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Two ziplock baggies. Put the tablet into one, zip it shut, insert that one zipper-first into the second one and zip it shut. Not water-resistant, waterproof (down to a few feet, anyway). Lightweight, doesn't add much size and you can still use the screen and phone through them. (Replacements come with the originals. A box of whatever size you need [and the 2 gallon one should hold a 12" tablet easily] is a few bucks.)

^^^^ This. I'm an avid Ingress player, and I always keep a couple of cheap sandwich baggies in my wallet. Put phone in hand, pull sandwich baggie over phone and hand, and my hand and phone both stay warm and dry. But you'd be better off with two layers of ZipLoc. Does tend to muffle calls, but then again so would any truly water-resistant case.