Going to upgrade from Note 4 to S6 or S6 Edge?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I tend to start looking for something new right after I buy something new, but that's me. I had 8-9 phones last year, trying to curb it BIG time this year, maybe a Note 4/ Note Edge then Note 5 and that be it. iPhone 6+ right now but for the screen and internal storage, but I am wavering.
This. Sooo this.

♻from the Alpha📶

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I tend to start looking for something new right after I buy something new, but that's me. I had 8-9 phones last year, trying to curb it BIG time this year, maybe a Note 4/ Note Edge then Note 5 and that be it. iPhone 6+ right now but for the screen and internal storage, but I am wavering.
He or She who dies with the most phones wins the game. Step it up. My next phone will be the Note 5. I already have the 6+, Note 4 and Note Edge.

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Nah, I highly doubt it. Wasn't all that interesting to switch. Plus I can't get accustomed to going to a smaller phone.

Tapatalk'n On The SGNIV

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
He or She who dies with the most phones wins the game. Step it up. My next phone will be the Note 5. I already have the 6+, Note 4 and Note Edge.
Ha. I let go of my 6+ yesterday but got an Alpha. I'm planning to get a NeXuS 6 or G4 and then a Note 5 in the Fall. ...and that should wrap up '15.

♻from the Alpha📶

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Still looking into the S6? I switched from a Nexus 6 to G3 for the time being until I can snag the S6. The size is so much better for my use. Couldn't stand the size of that behemoth.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I use wallet a lot of places I just turn off nfc when not in use.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 rockin 5.0.1

Are you going to spend the whole day making payments with Goggle Wallet ??? ... no right ... so what does it matter if it drains the battery if you are going to use it sporadically ???

Would be neat if, when you enter a retail store, there was something like a tile at the door that triggered your phone to turn NFC on, then one at the exit that triggered NFC to turn off.

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I will consider the S6. To be very honest, the Lollipop update to the N4 as far as performance goes will really have to move me. Performance is very big on my list and I just don't care for the sluggishness of the Note 4. It's not terrible, but compared to my Nexus 5, there's no comparison in how nimble the Nexus 5 is. I know some will be quick to say that because of the Note's feature set, that the performance should be overlooked, but for me it can't. I'll still consider another Samsung device though (S6) because first and foremost, I love the camera!! A f/1.9 aperture on a phone is just crazy and I do quite a bit of cell phone photography. Secondly, the Note 4 is a behemoth. I've had mine about 4 months and I'm still not happy with the size and weight. When it's in my pocket, I always know it's there. I wouldn't mind downsizing.

But nothing is definite. I'll see how Lollipop helps out the performance of the Note and then I'll do some research on the S6 to see if it's the right choice.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I will be waiting for the Note 5. I haven't had the Galaxy S line since the 3. But I take it as an accurate preview of what's to come in the Note line later in the year.

Note in my house!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I keep repeating...I am not quite ready to give up removables. If they're not in the Note 5, while I'll still likely enlist, I'd be quite disappointed.

📐♻from the dark side of the n.Edge✒

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I keep repeating...I am not quite ready to give up removables. If they're not in the Note 5, while I'll still likely enlist, I'd be quite disappointed.

📐♻from the dark side of the n.Edge✒
I'm sure there are going to be many people disappointed if the Note 5 does not have a removable battery and expandable storage. I won't be disappointed, but I see how others would be.

Note in my house!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure there are going to be many people disappointed if the Note 5 does not have a removable battery and expandable storage. I won't be disappointed, but I see how others would be.

Note in my house!
It just doesn't bother me and won't bother me. I don't keep phones long enough to kill the battery, and never swapped when I had spares. I also couldn't care less about expandable storage. I have a TON of online storage that backs up everything, plus I clear off phones onto my laptop hard drive every so often. Even keeping a few movies and some play lists on a phone, as long as it's 64gb, I won't come anywhere near filling it. And on board storage is so much faster, and generally more stable and secure.

The Note 5 might be the only thing to pull me away from the S6 Edge. But I'm starting to think I prefer the smaller for factor.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It constantly runs in the background. Along with Facebook, it caused the majority of my wakelocks. I usually had 25% battery when I went to bed with 3 hours of SOT, once I installed wallet, I was charging by 7PM.

Ann L

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely agree with you! I love my Note 4 and it isn't even a year old considering I switched over from an LG G3 (and the Note 4 is really still a pretty new phone). While I adore the size of the 5.7 inch screen when I'm watching videos or reading from my phone, the fact that it doesn't fit into most of my pockets still kinda bugs me. I've started looking for pants with bigger pockets just so I can fit my phone in it :p And at times when I have so much to juggle in my hands (always unnerving trying to use the Note 4 while hanging on to bags of stuff), the size really gets to me.

Really love my Note 4 though, and can't imagine going back to phones with small screens after being pampered by this gorgeous 5.7 inch screen. But reading speculations that the Note 5 is going to have a 5.9 inch screen just... scares me.

The S6 Edge is so gorgeously tempting, because it's simply gorgeous. But the Note 5 will almost definitely have better specs. But anything bigger than a 5.7 inch screen? :eek:

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Good grief. If they make the Note 5 screen bigger than the Note 4's I don't think I'll be able to handle it! Literally, handle it! My hands are small little bird hands and I absolutely love my Note 4, but I'm hoping they keep it manageable. I guess 0.2 won't make much of a difference, but it took me forever to get used to the size of the Note.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I personally don't think its an upgrade to move from a Note 4 to a S6. My next phone will be the Note 5 even if it doesn't have a removable battery or expandable storage.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4