Bluetooth Woes transferring contacts to Car

Graham Lee77

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm getting a recurring issues with my Note 4.

I've had my contacts (both Google and Exchange Account) synced with my Land Rover Discovery 3 (or LR3 for people outside the UK), so when the Note 4 pairs with the car at ignition, it transfers the contacts over.

However I had to remove my exchange account over the weekend due to an error and restore it. However, this has now lead for some reason for the contacts to not transfer to the BT module in the car, it simply says "Memory Empty".

I have fixed this in the past by hard resetting the Note 4 (and my Note 3 previously) but I don't want to have to do this again and restore all my apps and settings as I have it running just the way I want now.

My car has an updated Land Rover Discovery 4 BT module upgrade which is more up to date with the latest handsets, but I think its got to be the Note 4 causing the issues, as a mates iPhone 6 connected without any problems and downloaded his contacts to the head unit.

I've since again remove the exchange account which was using the Samsung Email app, and added the account through Gmail, so both sets of contacts would be synced by Google on the Note 4, but this has made no difference. Something is blocking it somewhere.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i had some of my contacts for some reason disappear so i had to delete my bluetooth syncing for my car and re-add it. I had to reset my car deck to factory, delete the bluetooth that it already has for my phone. Then unpair my phone restart the phone and pair it all over again. Then all my contacts started to show up again. BTW check with your contacts menu setting on your phone. Under contacts\accounts go through all those email that has contact make sure you have just one as priority. For example i have 3 gmail accounts the other 2 i don't bother with contacts check box on there except my main one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress