AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My phone downloaded the update that I didn't want so when it asked me to postpone the install, I said yes every time. I went to bed last night and when I woke up, I have 5.0.1 on my phone. You don't know how mad I am right now. What does it do, keep hounding you if you want to install and if you don't answer within a certain time, it just does it anyway. Why don't we have the checkboxes that say do not automatically install updates? Not happy this morning.

There's really no big issues and it seems that pretty much everything is the same. I was reluctant but glad I did. The phones runs tad smoother and the interface is cleaner. I probably would be more concerned if it was 5.0. I thinks that's where alot of the issues had laid at. TW is always subjective but it's a bit cleaner with this upgrade. I personally like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

angel831

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So I figured out the exact process that causes the O2 sensor to turn on when on a light surface - Health Services (Samsung) can at least be force stopped and the sensor will stop turning on. Unfortunately, that is a big flaw that needs to be better addressed. For now, this fix will have to do unless anyone knows of anything else?

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
There's really no big issues and it seems that pretty much everything is the same. I was reluctant but glad I did. The phones runs tad smoother and the interface is cleaner. I probably would be more concerned if it was 5.0. I thinks that's where alot of the issues had laid at. TW is always subjective but it's a bit cleaner with this upgrade. I personally like it.

I was holding out for the sole fact that there was a bootloader unlock in the near future.

And it seems that they totally destroyed the blocking mode that I used daily since day one. Do not disturb mode = not the same, unless it is and I'm just retarded.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
updated mine while i was sleeping... went smoothly i guess. It "updated"/optimized apps after.

feels like a noticeable faster device. I have nova installed and have no problems.

hopefully battery life did not suffer!

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Did the update yesterday, and all went well. As others have stated, it runs noticeably faster, especially opening apps.

This morning, the battery drained 10% in 12 minutes. Did several cache wipes, and also wiped applications cache. Did a battery pull and installed a freshly charged battery. I also removed my Samsung SD card. I'll wait now to see if there is any improvement.

One other thing I noticed though, is that the battery stats were indicating WiFi was in use even though it was turned off and smart switch was disabled as well.

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Did the update yesterday, and all went well. As others have stated, it runs noticeably faster, especially opening apps.

This morning, the battery drained 10% in 12 minutes. Did several cache wipes, and also wiped applications cache. Did a battery pull and installed a freshly charged battery. I also removed my Samsung SD card. I'll wait now to see if there is any improvement.

One other thing I noticed though, is that the battery stats were indicating WiFi was in use even though it was turned off and smart switch was disabled as well.

Is always allow scanning on? Go to your WiFi page and tap the three dots in the upper left, then tap Advanced, then unchecked Always Allow Scanning

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I updated yesterday and everything seems to be running just fine so far. Mine started the update automatically yesterday while I was in a Wi-fi area. It got to about 25% then I had to leave the area and was not able to get back home to get back on Wi-fi for about 4 hours!!!! I was scared to death of how that was going to affect the update. It paused the update and luckily, when I returned home it picked up where it left off and finished the download and reboot with no problem whatsoever. I'm really enjoying what I've experienced so far with Lollipop.

Last edited:

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I checked this morning and it says software update interrupted. Then below it check in 24 hours. Anyway get thAt message then tried again later and it gave you he update ?

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Well, hopefully everything is better now. It's been 38 minutes now, and I'm still at 100%. Much better than it was earlier.

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have answer? I have been checking all night last night and today and keep getting software update interrupted your software is up to date Check back in 24 hours

unity476

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Is anybody having the Google play services requesting a update? It seems to error every time.. Any tricks?

scottadus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have answer? I have been checking all night last night and today and keep getting software update interrupted your software is up to date Check back in 24 hours

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Is anybody having the Google play services requesting a update? It seems to error every time.. Any tricks?

I got that error right after the update, too. I restarted the phone and went into my apps and tapped update. The update went through okay after that.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

You don't need to post the same question five times. The first time you asked it is still posted on the forum and if someone knows, they will answer. If you aren't getting an answer, it probably means no one knows.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry it's just frustrating. I'm glad I have my iPhone 6 to fall back on

I hear ya. But this update is brand new and it's going to take some time for people to see similar experiences and formulate a solution. Hijacking the thread wont solve the issue any sooner. I see you started a seperate thread and that will be your best bet for a solution.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know why AT&T has felt the need to plaster their "AT&T" logo in the left corner of the status bar? I wasn't really asking anybody, just my way of expressing how idiotic carriers can be. Like Android users need anymore crap in the status bar.