AT&T Note 4 updating... looks like Lollipop

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Five days into Lollipop I've got to say my battery life is worse. I barely made it home today without running out of juice (had to use power saving mode) and the majority of the day my phone was in my locker in airplane mode! I'm going to bite the bullet and factory reset. I hope all that work pays off. No other troubles since the update though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My last comment was meant for you. Sorry I didn't include your post.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
This kind of thing is why a vast many many people choose iPhone. I'm one of the lucky ones, Lollipop has been nothing but positive for me thus far.

??????♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒??????

Just for the record, I had iPhones for years before switching to my Note 4 3 weeks ago and all major updates were always done with a complete restore because I always had problems with OTA. Never restored from a backup too because it was reinstalling the same crap that made my phone go mad. Apps is what makes people experience with updates so different. For sure a factory reset is a pain, but it always worth it, even with Apple.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I updated my Note 4 on AT&T and have had no issues with the update at all. In fact my phone seems faster and my battery life is just as good if not better then it was on Kit Kat. I didn't clear my system cache or do a factory reset. I hope others have the same luck that I did.

Posted Via The AT&T Note 4

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised not everyone with a Note 4 on AT&T hasn't received the update by now. I had the update the day AC announced it. I know they roll it out regionally so that may be the reason. I live in NY

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Haven't gotten it in NC. But then again I haven't manually checked either...kinda don't want to...on the fence, lol

I'm in MI and checked manually to see if the update was there and it was but go no notification of it. You'll eventually have to update so get it out of the way haha. The phone definitely runs smoother after the update but my battery life has been hit or miss since the update. Some days I'd get good ost others it would be half of what it normally was. I finally gave in and did a reset yesterday so we'll see if that resolves it. Since the reset all the little errors that I was getting haven't shown up again so thinking that solved it. Just to make things easier you can backup to keis prior to doing the reset.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to ask what will happen 😉

From reading multiple threads on different websites not many people are experiencing issues with the AT&T Lollipop update. Not that my friends and I are the majority but we haven't had any issues at all. Wish everyone else the best of luck and try and be patient.

D

Deleted member 827639

you must do a factory data reset.
connect to wifi.
check for update.

It will force the update from AT&T's servers. Process must be completed in the order above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa