Ugly Orange Messages in Lollipop - How do you change it?

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
For an operating system that is inherently customizable, the lack of customization options in the messaging application is puzzling.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I found that on my Galaxy S6 that changing my whole device "theme" also changed the ugly orange in messaging app...then I just went and changed my wallpaper back to what I wanted. Hope this helps.
The Note 4 doesn't have the theme engine like the S6. Maybe in the next update.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I updated to Lollipop, decided to keep using Textra. Didn't like the functionality of stock messaging as much as I do Textra, even with the material design changes that were way overdue in TouchWiz.

EmailHarry

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
The colors on lollipop are not only the ugliest, they are actually upsetting. Someone had to know this. A few more changes like this and it's time to go to Apple. What the heck is happening to this world? Wrong is the new right and ugly is the new beautiful.

IAmLadyD

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Ugly Orange Messages

I hate everything about this update so badly that I don't even want this phone anymore
Smh. They really dropped the ball with this one.. Is there any way I can revert back to before the update?
Im wondering the same i hate it

Sent from my Awesome GN 4 using Tapatalk

adobepro

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Ugly Orange Messages

Everyone who doesn't like it, should complain to Samsung. At least with Microsoft Windows XP and higher, when they introduced a radical new UI theme, they gave you the option to change colors (luna, silver, olive) and the option to revert back to classic. With these forced updates, we don't have a choice. However, Samsung has developed a way to do this [edit: with the Theme Engine], but only implemented it on the SG6. As the Note 4 is a current Flagship model along with the SG6, I think it's unfair that it wasn't also pushed to Note 4 owners, esp. after this Lollipoop color scheme update. My only advice is to complain to Samsung as much as you can. Seriously, a teal background with yellow text on the settings?

Last edited:

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
It wouldn't be so bad if we could change it to a dark theme. I could probably get past the ugly orange if I wasn't forced into a lighter theme. Textra it is for me

Posted via the Android Central App