Do Not Disturb mode

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Blocking Mode was excellent. Used it every day. Set it once when first setting up phone and forget it. Works as advertised.

Now the geniuses at Google changed it to Do Not Disturb mode and it is the absolute most horrible thing I have ever witnessed. Does not operate anything like Blocking Mode. You physically have to turn it on/off or you won't get audible notifications at all. Even if you have scheduled days and times to turn on and off, you will get no audible notifications when not in that timeframe. Trust me, my settings are all set up correctly.

I want to chuck my phone against the wall. This is one of the reasons I didn't want my phone updated. Could have easily lived with KK forever.

Thanks Google. That is all.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually, is this an AT&T thing. Reason I'm asking is I don't have that on my other KK running phone.

If so, I take back all the bad things I said about Google.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Use the "alert" app. It gives the same functions as the old blocking mode. Europe already received an update to fix the reimplement blocking mode.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Use the "alert" app. It gives the same functions as the old blocking mode. Europe already received an update to fix the reimplement blocking mode.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Yeah, I remember reading something about that in Europe. Hopefully, we get a fix.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't find that app in the store. Type in alert or alert app and you get a plethora of other stuff. Do you have a screenshot or dev name or anything.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Found one that, believe it or not, is called Do Not Disturb. Gets good reviews and so far seems to work correctly while testing.

TornadoQuake

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Found one that, believe it or not, is called Do Not Disturb. Gets good reviews and so far seems to work correctly while testing.

I actually have been using that app since I got my note 4 last year. It's been working great so far for me. The only gripe I have is having to go in the app and editing my weekly schedule every time my work schedule gets published. It's much easier for me to use Evernote to copy down my work schedule, and use the widget, than to use the Google calendar app (which I hate the layout of). I know Do Not Disturb syncs with your calendar to automatically set your do not disturb times, but Evernote is just easier for me.

Posted via the Android Central App,
AT&T Note 4!

Chasfenner

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Agent on my N4 when I had kit kat and now that I got lollipop last night, it still works fine. I only use the sleep and meeting modes of the app and I love how it automatically silences the phone when it notices that I have a meeting in my calendar. The sleep mode works flawlessly as well. Give it a try!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A