S21+ app breaks through Do Not Disturb

montamat

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Despite having Do Not Disturb scheduled for sleep every night, I have on app notification that breaks through. For App Notifications, I have "None allowed." Alarms and Media sound are enabled. Repeat callers are allowed. I don't notice that any other applications breaking through Do Not Disturb. How do I silence this one rogue app notification?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central Forums. We'll need more information to offer better advice.

What device do you have?

What app is getting through?

Considering what you've mentioned as being the exceptions is it possible that your device sees this app as an alarm or vital? I could see apps related to health being able to get through DND, but not something like a photo editing app or some other advertising notification.

Is it always at the same time of night or every night?

Have you considered taking notification privileges away from the app? Just prevent it from sending notifications all together.

Give us a little more to go on and we'll go from there.

Reactions: montamat

montamat

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Device: Samsung S21+
App: U.S. Bank
Notification category: Miscellaneous
In App Settings: Notifications enabled only for purchases and only for one account only (credit card account)
The notifications are appropriate to these in-app settings, but some autopay credit card transactions occur in the middle of the night.
Thnaks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain this is an app notification, or might it be a text message with the payment alert? If so, what's your DND setting for "People" under "Messages"?

Reactions: montamat

montamat

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
It is a notification only. No text associated with it. The notification has a distinctive customized cash register sound. Maybe I should switch to generic sound but that takes away distinctive notification sound during the day. Maybe this app from a financial institution ignores DND rules?
Maybe the in-app setting works as an "alarm," but it uses the notification sound and comes across as a notification.

DND setting for "Calls and messages" is set to:
  • Calls-None
  • Messages-None
  • Repeat callers is enabled (in case of family emergency)
DND settings for "App Notification" - None allowed

DND settings for "Alarms and sounds" - Alarms and Media enabled, all others disabled

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sure sounds like a glitch. I would send feedback to the app developer as well as to Google and Samsung about it. (Feedback to Google would be in the About Phone system settings menu, I think, and feedback to Samsung would be through the Samsung Members app.)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that I missed the device in the title. In the meantime is this a new device or app for you? It seems unlikely but we won't know until you reply, however it seems more likely that this started after an update. If I'm correct and neither are new to you I'm also going to assume it was the app that updated and not the device, in which case I would bring it to the app developer's attention more than anyone else's, as B. Diddy suggested. Other things you might try would be clearing the app's cache. Updates can leave artifacts that cause unusual behavior. Cleaning up these artifacts can clear out the bugs. If it was the device that updated you might try clearing the app cache but also clearing the device partition cache for the same reason. Let us know what you find.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174