virus help with my Note 4

Marti Garren

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Can someone help with the androidcube.mobi issue? It used to be only in the morning the screen would pop up but now it is 3-4 times a day. I also have a screen pop up that says "Free Gift click here" but I dont click so it just does it for me. UGH. Then it takes me to Clash of Clans to install or to Candy Crush to install. I have a Samsung Note 4 and its only 2 months old. I have yelled from the rooftops about the awesomeness of this phone and I loved it. But now these things keep popping up really often. You grab your phone to catch a picture of your child and then Wham you have to mess with all this nonsense, so by then the moment to catch the perfect photo is gone.

I ran several ad detectors and malware checks. I have done this several times. It tells me all apps are safe. I have used Look out, AppBrain detector and TrustGo Ad detector. Nothing was found. I also have had Lookout on the phone this whole time.

I love my phone and I have always been an Iphone person. Never thought I would go back but this is getting ridiculous.

Looking for another response then to take to factory settings. I want to try everything possible before.

NCzerniak83

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Can someone help with the androidcube.mobi issue? It used to be only in the morning the screen would pop up but now it is 3-4 times a day. I also have a screen pop up that says "Free Gift click here" but I dont click so it just does it for me. UGH. Then it takes me to Clash of Clans to install or to Candy Crush to install. I have a Samsung Note 4 and its only 2 months old. I have yelled from the rooftops about the awesomeness of this phone and I loved it. But now these things keep popping up really often. You grab your phone to catch a picture of your child and then Wham you have to mess with all this nonsense, so by then the moment to catch the perfect photo is gone.

I ran several ad detectors and malware checks. I have done this several times. It tells me all apps are safe. I have used Look out, AppBrain detector and TrustGo Ad detector. Nothing was found. I also have had Lookout on the phone this whole time.

I love my phone and I have always been an Iphone person. Never thought I would go back but this is getting ridiculous.

Looking for another response then to take to factory settings. I want to try everything possible before.
Its not the phone...its something from an app, e-mail or website you opened. That kind of stuff doesn't happen on its own. You had to have gone to a low security website or downloaded something mistakenly...something along those lines. Try ESET and AVG antivirus....let me know if either fix the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Next time the ad shows up press and hold it until it says app info then you'll be able to see which app is causing you to get popups so just delete the app which comes up!

Sent from my Nexus 7

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

I honestly don't know if this is even related to your issue, but it's something to check anyway. Look to see if you have an app running called DT Ignite. If so, shut that bugger off. Here's some information about it:

DT Ignite allows carriers to install post-sale bloatware

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Air push detector is awesome for finding rouge apps. Do you download free wallpaper? You will find a lot of this junk in free wallpaper.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried going into application manager>running or maybe all and see if you have the mobi in there? If so, click on it and see if you can uninstall it.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Airpush detector always works for me too. Install it and run it even tho it says we don't need it. It has found a few bad asps on my phone. Good luck. As stated above free wallpaper apps, skins, games etc carry these ads big time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs