03-29-2015 06:24 PM
43 12
tools
    Only thing bothering me is the offset weather.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails So why so much excitement about Lollipop? It is TERRIBLE!!-screenshot_2015-03-28-01-24-36.jpg  
    03-28-2015 11:55 AM
    i personally have never had an update go well or one that was worth it in my opinion. i just assume keep what i got.
    Yeah, I would if I were you. I wish I never updated the phone that was almost perfect, at least it was for me.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    03-28-2015 12:04 PM
    Loving the update, my phone is so much better now, the finger print reader actually works now! But I also don't need to swipe as much, because now my Moto 360 is a trusted device, so no need to swipe while that's connected.
    03-28-2015 01:06 PM
    Not sure what the fuss is about.. After the update, my Note 4 is smoother then ever ... Battery life is the same, if not even better ...
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    03-28-2015 01:12 PM
    Yea ofcourse, download the 4.4.4 firmware for your model number from Sammobile and flash it with odin. Simple instructions on Sammobile download page. No root required, does not trip Knox counter.

Hi Russ,
    Only firmware for a Note 4 SM-N 910C is available. I have the AT&T version 910A. Its a no go for switching back to KitKat for me., thank you anyway.
    03-28-2015 01:53 PM
    I did a factory reset and wiped cache partition before and after the update for this very reason, but my phone is nearly always awake and I have not even downloaded or updated any apps. I'm at a loss here, don't know what it is, but it was not like that on KK. I would love to like Lollipop as it definitely appears faster and smoother, but at the moment it's just killing my phone.
    Maybe you could call Samsung. Someone there might be able to tell you why the phone is staying awake. I could see where that would be an issue.
    03-28-2015 04:58 PM
    I've had no issues with lollipop. I actually didn't want the update, but AT&T automatically updated my Note 4. But, as I said, I've had no problems at all.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    03-28-2015 07:15 PM
    you could turn on the pedometer on the lock screen to even it out?
    03-29-2015 05:27 AM
    Did you manage to go back to KK successfully because I'm seriously thinking about doing it? Something is keeping my phone awake most of the time on Lollipop and I never had that problem on 4.4.4. I agree with other people that Lollipop is not as sweet as it was supposed to be.
    Yea I have, twice actually due to a mistake I made flashing a mod, but I'm back on lollipop now as it's more fluid and prettier.

03-29-2015 06:10 AM
    but the phone updated without my consent
    Not sure how you managed that. The phone will notify you that an update is waiting to be downloaded. You have to consent to the download, and then you have to consent to having it install. With Android there is no way your phone will just download and install stuff with no interaction from you whatsoever, especially core/OS level updates.

The only exception would be the Play Store - if you have it set to automatically download and update apps over mobile data.
    03-29-2015 09:55 AM
    I love LP no problems, phone looks and feel great. Much faster!!!

03-29-2015 10:30 AM
    This problem seems to be Samsung-specific from what I've been seeing.

I run Lollipop on 3 devices; A Samsung Galaxy S3 (CM12), a HTC One M7 (InsertCoin Sense 7.0) and an LG G3 (stock). Both the HTC and LG ran Lollipop happily and in most cases, actually performed better than KitKat. Only the S3 experienced a fair bit of hiccups but were relatively minor compared to the TouchWiz Android 4.3 ROM it ran before.

I especially love Smart Lock. I use a Xiaomi Mi Band as my fitness tracker and having it as a trusted device just shaved off a few seconds by bypassing the PIN code unlock screen. Definitely a huge plus for convenience.
    03-29-2015 10:36 AM
    Only thing bothering me is the offset weather.

NICE Wallpaper... Ford FTW!
    03-29-2015 11:28 AM
    My only gripe is that Lollipop looks bad. Like many before me, I'm not a fan of the white screens. I much prefer black. The notification cards? Not attractive. And the multitasking tabs? Not for me. I preferred the smaller banners. But hey! To each their own. And I'll get used to the changes. Begrudgingly. XD
    03-29-2015 11:41 AM
    Not sure how you managed that. The phone will notify you that an update is waiting to be downloaded. You have to consent to the download, and then you have to consent to having it install. With Android there is no way your phone will just download and install stuff with no interaction from you whatsoever, especially core/OS level updates.

The only exception would be the Play Store - if you have it set to automatically download and update apps over mobile data.
    How much do you want to bet.
    03-29-2015 12:06 PM
    How much do you want to bet.
    Core level/OS updates downloading and installing on their own, with no interaction from the user?

Yeah I'll bet.
    03-29-2015 04:07 PM
    I'm not the only one this has happened to so unless everyone here is lying about their update downloading and installing all by itself, you don't have any ground to stand on.

Here's my situation, my Lollipop update started to download itself when I happened to be in range of a WiFi hotspot that I frequent at work. I have documented this here on the message boards when I started asking questions about this. I pulled out my phone to make a call and saw the notification at the top and pulled down the notification bar and it said files were downloading. Turned off WiFi, d/l stopped. Resumed downloading when I got home after I put WiFi back on since I need it on at home. Later on, phone asked me to install and I opted for the remind me later option, NOT the install option. Went to bed. Woke up and Lollipop was installed on my phone. Did not give me an opportunity to opt for the remind me later option, just installed on it's own. Sounds like this has happened to everyone else here as well. At least similar.
    catberryday likes this.
    03-29-2015 04:30 PM
    I'm not the only one this has happened to so unless everyone here is lying about their update downloading and installing all by itself, you don't have any ground to stand on.

Here's my situation, my Lollipop update started to download itself when I happened to be in range of a WiFi hotspot that I frequent at work. I have documented this here on the message boards when I started asking questions about this. I pulled out my phone to make a call and saw the notification at the top and pulled down the notification bar and it said files were downloading. Turned off WiFi, d/l stopped. Resumed downloading when I got home after I put WiFi back on since I need it on at home. Later on, phone asked me to install and I opted for the remind me later option, NOT the install option. Went to bed. Woke up and Lollipop was installed on my phone. Did not give me an opportunity to opt for the remind me later option, just installed on it's own. Sounds like this has happened to everyone else here as well. At least similar.
    Same here
    03-29-2015 06:24 PM
43 12