how to expand storage on Samsung Galaxy SM-A536U

Mar 22, 2024
Visit site
sorry that I am so dense! this is slightly less intuitive than it should be.

(By the way, this video is very good on the specifics of how to actually insert the card:
}

Okay, it is in there - and the FILES app sees the card, telling me that there's nothing on it.

I guess my next question is how to instruct the phone system to store all media (present and future) on the card - would love to move all my photos there for one thing. (I know that I can't put apps on there.)

thanks again!

w

Reactions: B. Diddy

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Now that the card is in there, you can go into the Camera app and tell it to save files on the SD card. Some things won't save there. Pro-mode photos still save the RAW images on internal memory. I think some super hi-rez videos will only save on internal memory.

You can use the My Files app to move your current photos over. And you'll have to manually move other types of files, like any music or other media and doc type files.

But photos and music files are the biggest space hogs. Move those over, and you should have plenty of space for apps again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess my next question is how to instruct the phone system to store all media (present and future) on the card - would love to move all my photos there for one thing. (I know that I can't put apps on there.)
On most phones, you have to change the storage setting app by app. Apart from the Camera app, other apps that commonly have this setting are e-readers and media streamers.

Reactions: winmod21