What app could I have disabled to stop the Play Store from opening?

rgn4

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Disabled too many Google apps

I've just upgraded my N910F to Lollipop 5.0.1 using Odin, no problem there.

Went through the Google apps to disable for things I don't use - Play Music, Play Books etc.
I've done this before without a hitch, but this time its gone wrong.

I must have disabled something I shouldn't, because now I can't open Play Store from the phone - it just hangs.

I can open the Play Store on my PC and send apps to the phone, so I know the account is set OK, but I can't open it directly from the phone.

I don't want to go a factory reset because it would take me hours to reset all the apps and data the way I have them.

Is there a way to just reset the Google apps? I've gone through the Apps Manager but can't see anything that should be turned back on.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Disabled too many Google apps

Go to settings - apps - "all" tab and make sure these apps are enabled:

Google Play services.
Google Play Store.
Google Services Framework.

If you disabled any of them they will be in the disabled tab. If so enable them back.

rgn4

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for quick reply!
Those three services all seem to be running - They all have a Disable button, not Enable.
I can't see a Disabled Tab at all.

Edit:
As an experiment I disabled Google Play Services, and it appeared in a Disabled tab. I enabled it again.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Being a Samsung phone that tab could be named "turned off" apps. Try to find it and see what's in there.

Also, you could try to boot your phone into recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. That's always recommended after a system update. No data will be lost.

rgn4

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

I've done the cache wipe, no difference. If I start Play Store it just hangs at a plain gray screen.
There are no disabled services. I tried that, per my edit above.

This is looking very like I'm going to have to do a factory reset - not happy about that.

rgn4

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

I've tried with my old Note2 with the same account settings, and it opens the Play Store straight off

rgn4

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

sparksd
Yes! That did it. I installed the latest version on that site and it's good to go!

Thanks a million!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non