My Samsung Note 4 is not charging properly with a burned Micro USB Tip, how can I fix this?

Andrew Xie

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Note 4 Not Charging Properly With Burned Micro USB Tip

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 At&t version. Starting 4/17/2015, my phone has been not been charging properly. In order to charge, I have to push the charging cable up in order to charge (if you need me to clarify that please ask). I am using two genuine Samsung adapters, one of them came with my Note 4, the other from my Note 2. They are both original adapters. I have two micro usb cables that is charred up on the tip as you can see from the pictures below. The white cable is a genuine Samsung cable, original again, and the red one is a genuine Beats audio cable. The white cable and the adaptive fast charger is my primary charging devices. Because my phone wasn't charging right, I decided to try another cable and adapter to see if it was any different. It wasn't.

The part the worries me the most the the burnt tip of the micro usb cable (please use pictures below as reference). I do not know what is causing this, my phone has literally never been dropped or touched any water. Please help. If you need me to clarify something, please feel free to ask. Also if you want more pictures, I can take some more.

Thank you for you help and advice.

The link is below, sorry for the inconvenience, this is my first question here and Android Central does not allow me to post links.

mediafire.
com/download/9hnbnh5tcdb1g9t/Links.txt

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 4 Not Charging Properly With Burned Micro USB Tip

1) I can;'t really see any burning on the tips, but I'll take your word for it.

2) It would appear - both from your "have to push the charging cable up" comment and the fact that the tips are burned, that the charging port in the phone is defective, and has to be replaced. (It should still be under warranty.)

chaug

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I cannot access your photos but I'm pretty sure I'm having the exact same problem with my galaxy s4. Did you find any solution for this?
Thanks!
Chris

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't access Mediafire from here, but if you've tried multiple cables, it sounds like your USB port is broken. The toasted end of the charging cable might be a symptom of the USB port shorting out somehow.

One workaround that will cost you about $35 is to get a pair of batteries with an external charger and just swap batteries every day. That will allow you to at least put a charged battery in the phone daily and use it.

Check with your carrier - if you have had the phone for less than a year it is possible you can get the phone replaced under warranty.