Battery draining faster after lollipop update

Mangkudun Sati

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone got battery draining faster after update to android 5?I just updated couple of hours ago and battery went down from 100% to 67% without using it when before update would still be 95% minimum without using it just in my pocket
What could be the cause?
I also get less signal from my operator after update
Best
Alex

Posted via the Android Central App

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Many things could cause this:

1. try doing in wipe partition cache
2. try doing a factory wipe
3. make sure your apps are all up-to-date and if you have installed any new ones remove them see if that improves the battery.
4. buy a new battery.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You will probably need to do a factory reset. It helped me. The wipe partition cache did nothing for me. But for others it seems to work. So might want to try that first.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i had no problem with my upgrade to Lollipop in fact it's improved from KitKat you might want to look at your current apps that you have on your phone they could be the caused of your battery drain as well. Like suggested after you do a factory reset and you still find your battery drain your apps could be the issue.

sknnie

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Battery seems ok but i cant share image clips with anything aslo cant share smart select

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
You will probably need to do a factory reset. It helped me. The wipe partition cache did nothing for me. But for others it seems to work. So might want to try that first.

Master reset isn't the answer to everything and it didn't work for me hence why I'm getting it replaced

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I struggled with bad battery life after the update - tried the cache wipe, but it didn't help. Finally, I did a factory-reset (two days ago) and yesterday, battery life was back to normal.

It's not a fun-thing to do - it took me pretty much a whole day to get it back to where I had it (I have a lot of apps with lots of configuration).

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
After about 6 weeks on lollipop including 2 factory resets and flashing the South African release when it became available, I get the impression that LP is using the battery sparingly when in sleep mode as compared to kitkat. When the device is used, it consumes more battery capacity than what kitkat did under the same circumstances. Overall this gives me about 18 hrs more usage out of a full charge.

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone got battery draining faster after update to android 5?I just updated couple of hours ago and battery went down from 100% to 67% without using it when before update would still be 95% minimum without using it just in my pocket
What could be the cause?
Best
Alex

I have the same issue and nothing has worked go fix it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a factory reset to fix settings crashing when I try to adjust the sound/notifications? A couple of people told me to try to factory reset but I never heard back on if that worked to fix the issue?

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
What could be the cause?
Best
Alex

Give it several days and things should stabilize. No need to reset just yet.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok what about this scenario:

I upgraded to L abt a month ago I would say now...battery was great initially after the update...but in the last week, I have seen it getting used up pretty fast. When I upgraded, i JUST did cache wipe..Didn't factory reset it cuz I don't want to loose my app data (difficult to back it up esp some apps).

Has any one been in this situation? Battery worked fine initially, now it's going DOWN!

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Ok what about this scenario:

I upgraded to L abt a month ago I would say now...battery was great initially after the update...but in the last week, I have seen it getting used up pretty fast. When I upgraded, i JUST did cache wipe..Didn't factory reset it cuz I don't want to loose my app data (difficult to back it up esp some apps).

Has any one been in this situation? Battery worked fine initially, now it's going DOWN!

Very meticulously scan through new apps and think about past settings you've altered. Chances are something like that is affecting your battery life.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Very meticulously scan through new apps and think about past settings you've altered. Chances are something like that is affecting your battery life.

cool...i will look into it even though to the best of my knowledge, I haven't gotten any new apps since the update...Off course most of my apps have updated to the latest version, so there might be a bug in there some where. Not much changed in the settings department as well as u were mentioning..but i will look into it!

Mad4sax

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Lollipop. Battery sucked bad after update. Wiped Cache ... still sucked bad. Did a factory (PITA) reset. Sucks but maybe a little less sucky. All apps up to date. I should have never done the upgrade. :-(

Mangkudun Sati

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I did everything said here but no improvement
Battery drains really fast,from 100% til 60% in less than an hour when before the update could last even 2 days
Wish I had never updated
I was so eagerly awaiting this update and at the end it resulted worst

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
The update is NOT the cause of the battery drain. There are too few complaints compared to the number of updates for that to be the cause. The update is the same on all phone within your carrier. You have another issue going on in your phone.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a factory reset to fix settings crashing when I try to adjust the sound/notifications? A couple of people told me to try to factory reset but I never heard back on if that worked to fix the issue?

factory reset did solve that for me...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87