Heart Rate monitor not working

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I am just wondering if the monitor works for everyone. I have tried a number of times over the last few days to use it and it has worked twice. I don't feel like I am doing anything different from the times it did work. I put my finger on like it shows and then it tells me to make sure it is one there correctly. i am doing exactly as the picture shows. Any suggestions?

BTW, it works perfect when using it to take a picture so I know it sees my finger. It just doesn't work for the heart rate.

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If you are able to take a picture with your heart rate sensor, you are not using the right sensor. Only the camera, one front, one back, can take pictures. You must place your finger over the sensor right next to your flash on the back. It will then light up red. Sounds like you put your ringer over the camera. That is old school... Note 4 has a dedicated sensor.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If you are able to take a picture with your heart rate sensor, you are not using the right sensor. Only the camera, one front, one back, can take pictures. You must place your finger over the sensor right next to your flash on the back. It will then light up red. Sounds like you put your ringer over the camera. That is old school... Note 4 has a dedicated sensor.

Lol. No the heart rate sensor doesn't take a picture. You can use it as a shutter button to snap a selfie. I can assure you that I am not using the heart rate sensor as a camera or the camera as a heart rate sensor. I know the difference. Like I said it worked a couple time for me. It just doesn't work consistently. Thank you for that though. Picturing someone doing either of those is pretty funny.

Sent from my Note 4

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Lol. No the heart rate sensor doesn't take a picture. You can use it as a shutter button to snap a selfie. I can assure you that I am not using the heart rate sensor as a camera or the camera as a heart rate sensor. I know the difference. Like I said it worked a couple time for me. It just doesn't work consistently. Thank you for that though. Picturing someone doing either of those is pretty funny.

Sent from my Note 4

Lol, just had to check. You find many a post here that is easily solvable using the manual instead of a forum. Some ppl can find their way to the right forum, create a profile and ask questions that are on page 10 in the manual...

I only have trouble with the sensor if using a 3rd party case. It is a tricky piece off electronics, but my trick is to have my whole finger flat to the phone, so as not to have a bend to the finger. Usually works. But as I said, it is a tricky think to pull off right every time.

Otterman out

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Thanks. I appreciate the help. I'm sure it's operator error. Just not sure what the error is. Could be the case. I'm using a tech 21.

Sent from my Note 4

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It's the case. I used it tonight without the case before and after my workout. Worked perfectly.

Sent from my Note 4

Michelle Mitchell3

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Mine stopped working after using it for the 1st time on Sunday. No matter what I try it still hasn't worked again since. I've emailed s health yesterday but as yet no reply.ive tried it with and without the case, but nothing happening. No light , no measurement, nothing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk