Note 4 just updated. What update did I get?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone just went through an update. Said my Android system was updated. What did Samsung push?

I'm on Sprint. It just updated over lunch today (05.29.15)

Says 5.0.1 and software version N910PVPU2BOE1

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would have fixed the signal graph bug, even with a strong signal,I only show one or two bars in the signal graph.

Posted via the Android Central App

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My phone just went through an update. Said my Android system was updated. What did Samsung push?

I'm on Sprint. It just updated over lunch today (05.29.15)

Says 5.0.1 and software version N910PVPU2BOE1

And unfortunately those who have taken the OE1 ota can't go back to roms built on OB7.
Speaking of, does anyone have the OE1 update. Zip? Need to take it apart to see what makes it tick.

Kari Dalton

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I too got updated to n910pvpu2boe1 on 5/31. I had issues with signal during the update and have had nothing but trouble since.

There is great lag on my phone. The power button is virtually unresponsive. The touch sensitivity is non-existent. It reboots randomly. It gets too hot. And occasionally shows a screen that reminds me of a kernel error (i haven't been able to capture it)

I have removed many aps and rebooted a few times hoping to clear up the trouble. I am ready to throw my Note 4 out the 5th story window!

anon(50290)

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't already, I would recommend doing a "Factory Reset". I know, it sucks... you'll lose all your apps and your phone will be as if you just bought it again. However, I've found that doing so tends to fix the errors that come with updating as updated can sometimes leave old versions of files behind which may or may not be compatible with the new updated version of Android. These left behind files can sometimes cause system or user apps to run incorrectly, cause random reboots, and all other sorts of weird errors. If you still have problems after a factory reset, then of course, take the beast in and tell them your issues. You'll get the run around unless you can show them what it's doing right in front of them, but 'tis the nature of the beast that is carriers.

Good luck!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't already, I would recommend doing a "Factory Reset". I know, it sucks... you'll lose all your apps and your phone will be as if you just bought it again. However, I've found that doing so tends to fix the errors that come with updating as updated can sometimes leave old versions of files behind which may or may not be compatible with the new updated version of Android. These left behind files can sometimes cause system or user apps to run incorrectly, cause random reboots, and all other sorts of weird errors. If you still have problems after a factory reset, then of course, take the beast in and tell them your issues. You'll get the run around unless you can show them what it's doing right in front of them, but 'tis the nature of the beast that is carriers.

Good luck!
Before jumping to a factory reset, just try wiping cache first (in recovery mode) to see if it clears your problems up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87