Camera focus and smooth motion video??

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I recently updated to lollipop with no issues except some very slight battery drain (no issue here). However I just realised that my camera no longer focuses on a subject unless i use the flash. Its just really blurry and so annoying that I have to now use the flash to get a clear shot. Any ideas how to fix this?

EDIT
I also just realised there is no option to take videos in slow motion or smooth motion. There was a dedicated button for this that's no longer there.

Last edited:

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Camera focus??

This same happenes on my s5 no idea why, it wasn't that bad before. Even in normal day light close up photos just are so blury. could be due to lollipop update? try resetting your phone?

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Camera focus??

I can literally see the camera take a few seconds to find focus and it will for a split second, then quickly go out of focus.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I reset my camera settings to default and it was all good. I then did a factory reset (I can't remember why) and its all good now.

What i have noticed in Australia is that our Samsung phone cameras are so grainy! I don't know why because my S3 was so clear. Later on I tried my cousins S4 and it was worse than the S3. By looking at reviews on YouTube of the Note 4 I was so excited because it was so clear. Mine is the complete opposite of clear, unless I use the flash and even then it's still slightly grainy.

Anyone else have this issue?