Why am I Suddenly Getting "Mobile Data Must be Turned On" type message when sending a txt message?

sdbpastor1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Why am I Suddenly Getting "Mobile Data Must be Turned On" type message when sending a txt message?

I am getting an intermittent problem with my new Galaxy Note 4. At times, when sending a text message to a friend, instead of it sending it directly to her phone number as it used to with my old Galaxy S3, it requires me to turn on Mobile Data and then sends it as a SMS message, what ever that is.

I don't seem to experience this with anyone else. The person is only four apartments away. I have noticed though, that it appears to be related to the length of the text message. Everyone else, usually gets a sentence or so. To this one person it may be a paragraph or two. On my old S3, it usually automatically broke a lengthy text into several and sent them to their phone number as separate messages. Does the Note 4 limit the length of a text message? More than a little frustrating. Is there a setting to correct this?

Rev. Michael L. Burns

2high4u

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why am I Suddenly Getting "Mobile Data Must be Turned On" type message when sending a txt messag

Go to your message app> setting > multimedia messages > Is ''group conversation''checked? That may be the reason why it requires data to send because if you send it as mms then you need data

sdbpastor1

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why am I Suddenly Getting "Mobile Data Must be Turned On" type message when sending a txt messag

Thanks for the quick reply. Group Conversation is not checked. I realize that I have to have Mobile Data on to send a SMS message. I just don't know why sometimes I can send the text message directly to the phone number and at other times It sends it by SMS.

Rev. Michael L. Burns