When I go to my clock app and click on the world clock, I see a globe. When I press the location icon, the globe spins around to Alaska. My other apps that use location are all correct.
    I'm not in Alaska. How can I fix this?
    AT&T Note 4, 5.0.1

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Native Clock app world click location wrong-screenshot_2015-06-13-22-15-00.jpg   Native Clock app world click location wrong-screenshot_2015-06-13-22-15-05.jpg  
    06-13-2015 09:33 PM
    That is strange. I get the same behavior on a Verizon Note 4 with 5.0.1.
    06-13-2015 10:50 PM
    The location icon in the World Clock isn't tracking your actual location. If you keep tapping the location icon, you will be cycled through major US cities in alphabetical order. Why it starts in Alaska, I don't know, but if you tap the icon again, you will then be taken to Anchorage. Another tap takes you to Atlanta. And then Austin, Baltimore, etc, etc.

If you tap the list icon that is positioned to the right of the location icon, I believe it will show you the largest city in your time zone. I live on the east coast, so the list shows NYC since it's the largest city in the eastern time zone. I'd be willing to bet that someone in the mid-west would have Chicago as their default and someone on the west coast would have LA or maybe Seattle.

You can cycle through the cities (or use the search bar to find your city) and then add it to your list. The world clock does not include every town, or even every city, so unless you actually live in one of the major US cities, you won't find your exact town on there. The Word Clock isn't designed to show you the time at your current location, but to show you the times in each time zone around the world. This would be handy for people with friends/family around the world who want to make sure it's a decent time of day to call them, or for people who are into international business.
    Trees and Bartolomeo PM like this.
    06-14-2015 12:52 PM
    Thanks. That answers that. It's a little misleading having the location icon there. One would believe it's meant for your current location.

Posted via the Android Central App
    millerwa76 likes this.
    06-14-2015 12:58 PM
    Truth be told, I literally just figured it out on my own. I never even went into the World Clock before and probably wouldn't have any time soon had it not been for your post. I wanted to see if my phone did the same as yours and, sure enough, it did. So I just started tinkering for a minute and figured it out. It's definitely a bit misleading considering that the map pin icon for practically every other application known to man is going to pinpoint your current location. Meanwhile, this one takes you to Alaska. Weird set up for sure.
    Bartolomeo PM likes this.
    06-14-2015 01:05 PM