Would you still buy the Note 4 today?

KOOLWATER

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Started with the Note 2, my first Android Device. That phone was solid. This one is better than that! I think I'm stuck on the note series... So Yes I would get another Note in a heart beat.

Cher Barker

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm buying my Note 4 today. I was going to hold on to my Note 2 to see what my options were for my next birthday gift. Unfortunately, I dropped my Note 2 this week and the glass is now all spider veined. It still works, but I'm now "forced" to buy the Note 4 today. I cannot wait The only thing keeping me from going out right now is the NASA briefing on Pluto that is on right now. Other than that, nothing is keeping me from my Note 4. :D

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
... The only thing keeping me from going out right now is the NASA briefing on Pluto that is on right now. Other than that, nothing is keeping me from my Note 4. :D

How is that ol' Pluto dog doing these days. He's got to be close to 85 years old now. :)

Attachments

• 1437092577983.jpg
    1437092577983.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 58

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Went to the AT&T store today to let my wife look for an upgrade to her wore down S4. She is on her phone constantly for work. Her main requirements are great battery life (or a swappable battery due to not having time to plug in during the day), and good camera as she uses it daily for work as well.

We went in specifically looking at the LG g4 and the new S6 Active. After seeing the both, she was leaning towards the Active since she's already familiar with Samsung, and didn't really care for the G4 software. But after seeing the Note 4, she's thinking that's the one she'd prefer. I hadn't even brought it up to her before due to size, and the fact that it's almost time for the new version. But she does prefer to hand write things instead of typing, as far as notes during the day, so I could definitely see her making use of the s-pen.

So, would you still buy this today, even though it's almost due for replacement? Or have you had too many issues to consider it anymore?

Yes, yes YES!

Posted via the Android Central App

Roo_thless

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Probably not. I'm getting sick of the bloated UI and crappy updates. The battery and camera are great but I would go for a Nexus 6 if I could go back in time.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. I'm getting sick of the bloated UI and crappy updates. The battery and camera are great but I would go for a Nexus 6 if I could go back in time.

I've got a couple of friends who went for the Nexus 6 at the same time I got my Note 4 who might be willing to trade. They are very... unimpressed... with the battery life, especially for a sealed battery that will only get worse.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been to couple of VZW stores to buy note 4 due to samsung rebate however neither had one. Will check again on Friday. I wonder if the rebate has created a shortage?

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been to couple of VZW stores to buy note 4 due to samsung rebate however neither had one. Will check again on Friday. I wonder if the rebate has created a shortage?
If the VZW stores don't have the Note 4 in stock, and assuming that you are already a VZW customer, you can call Customer Service and order one over the phone. I did that a couple of weeks ago and had the phone three days later via FedEx. I couldn't have been happier with the representative I worked with, nor with the process of activating the phone once I had it.

Larry

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine as slowed recently too,had it since launch but I'm upgrading next month anyway just not sure I will go with the Note 5 yet. Lack of an SD card is a big deal to me. But having the latest greatest will win the day.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Phone was much better on Kit Kat. Once lollipop hit it my Note 4 has sucked. Navigation lag even with developer options at 0. Now I even have lag and freezing in Chrome since the latest Verizon update. Factory reset with only factory loaded apps and the problems come back. Hate to say as the screen and camera are fantastic but I think its time to move on. I want a smartphone to just work and not have to screw with settings or load launchers just to make this high powered device run right.

I've thought about picking up the LG G4 but that forum is littered with phone problems. Maybe I'll just wait and see what Motorola drops on July 28th.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Phone was much better on Kit Kat. Once lollipop hit it my Note 4 has sucked. Navigation lag even with developer options at 0. Now I even have lag and freezing in Chrome since the latest Verizon update. Factory reset with only factory loaded apps and the problems come back. Hate to say as the screen and camera are fantastic but I think its time to move on. I want a smartphone to just work and not have to screw with settings or load launchers just to make this high powered device run right.

I've thought about picking up the LG G4 but that forum is littered with phone problems. Maybe I'll just wait and see what Motorola drops on July 28th.

Have you thought about downgrading back to Kitkat? There are lots of instructions on how to do it online. Of course I know it depends on your carrier and version and that. I downgraded back to Kitkat months ago and haven't regretted it for a minute. I also liked the fact that I retain my warranty and didn't trip the knox flag either. Something to think about if it's possible for you.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I would definitely buy the phone again today. I've learned a bit about how to keep performance great and it has paid off. My Note 4 works just as well or better on Android 5 as it did on Android 4.4. This has been a great device.

from mobile

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Had it since laugh too, good phone overall to be honest, lag is sometimes a issues but nothing too bad. Good battery life doesn't make sense changing for now since I have a extra battery and charger pack and so many cases. Downgrading to walk around with a external battery charger isn't the business. I'll wait till next year to upgrade, money don't grow on trees wanna keep a phone for 2 years now.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what to get. My decision is between the Note 4 and the G4. I'm on Verizon and root is a factor for me. Verizon N4 still doesn't have root and the G4 is almost there. So this alone is holding me back from getting the Note 4. I've gotta have the removable battery and external sd card. I keep going back and forth.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Despite all the fun I've had with this beast of a phone I still kinda regret not getting the Moto X :/

I have had both iterations of the Moto X. They were both fantastic phones. Fast updates, quirky and fun features, solid OS builds, very close to vanilla Android.

The 2013 was just too small for my use. I gave it a solid try, but I couldn't make it work. Gave it to a friend who had broken his old Note 2.

The 2014 was much better on the screen space arena, but I use my devices heavily and started noticing that it was struggling to get me through the day battery-wise within a few months, and since it has a sealed battery and a low repairability score on ufixit, I decided I couldn't depend on it for a long-term device. It's currently sitting in a drawer.

Despite my continuing dislike of TouchWiz, and the slow OS updates that are part of the Samsung experience, the Note 4 beats the Moto X series (I include the Nexus 6 in that) in every other way imaginable. If I broke my Note 4 today, I'd use my X 2014 just long enough to get a replacement shipped to me.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I think it's one of the best phone you can buy today still. I'm running the CM12.1 (Cyanogenmod) ROM on mine now, couldn't take the lag on Touchwiz anymore. This phone flies, it's so smooth and great to work on, I would definitely by again but would make sure it's got Snapdragon SoC on it as that enjoy a lot of love from developers.

Posted via the AC App on Note 4 N910F

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it's one of the best phone you can buy today still. I'm running the CM12.1 (Cyanogenmod) ROM on mine now, couldn't take the lag on Touchwiz anymore. This phone flies, it's so smooth and great to work on, I would definitely by again but would make sure it's got Snapdragon SoC on it as that enjoy a lot of love from developers.

Posted via the AC App on Note 4 N910F
I always have trouble with gps in cyanogenmod.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have this phone. To me it doesn't matter if the Note5 is being released. Three is always going to be new models released. Its a decent device. I do wish bettery life was better but I deal with it. I have a portable charger. LOL. Also it's a deal breaker for me if no removable battery and can't use SD card.
She will like the phone.