Running out of memory

Daniel Collins42

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new, anyways I've done some googling and before I do anything drastic I was hoping for a more specific answer of what exactly is going on with my phone. I have the note 4 locally and I've loved it! I got the Gear VR for it and I'm starting to learn Android studio to need around with it. But I haven't touched it as of yet.

I keep getting the running out of storage space error, but I've cleared a ton of memory. The google search came up with dumping the logcat but the *#9900#method apparently doesn't work and I wanted to ask what top do before I give root permission to some random app

I'm running Android 5.0.1 and these screenshots show that some "miscellaneous files"are taking up over 8gb but it won't show me what exactly. I woulda greatly appreciate all your help and I hope to get this resolved soon.

-DC

Attachments

• 1435512710892.jpg
    1435512710892.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 1435512722201.jpg
    1435512722201.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 110

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new, anyways I've done some googling and before I do anything drastic I was hoping for a more specific answer of what exactly is going on with my phone. I have the note 4 locally and I've loved it! I got the Gear VR for it and I'm starting to learn Android studio to need around with it. But I haven't touched it as of yet.

I keep getting the running out of storage space error, but I've cleared a ton of memory. The google search came up with dumping the logcat but the *#9900#method apparently doesn't work and I wanted to ask what top do before I give root permission to some random app

I'm running Android 5.0.1 and these screenshots show that some "miscellaneous files"are taking up over 8gb but it won't show me what exactly. I woulda greatly appreciate all your help and I hope to get this resolved soon.

-DC

I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, there is no way to clear the miscellaneous files section without root.

Daniel Collins42

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok, well clearing the cache partition didn't work, moving on to storage truth to find out more, I just wish I knew what was doing it, so that it doesn't happen again, you know. Im ok with a factory reset as long as it truly fixes it

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new, anyways I've done some googling and before I do anything drastic I was hoping for a more specific answer of what exactly is going on with my phone. I have the note 4 locally and I've loved it! I got the Gear VR ...

Hey Daniel Collins42, are you on the Samsung Gear VR forum? Just checking in case you didn't know Android Central has one.

shel692

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say this... cos no one ever wants to hear it, but anytime there is a software update like that with existing software and apps, a master reset should be done. I don't know how many active windows users there are here, but someone may remember the option to delete installation files after completing? Such as when upgrading Windows or even some of the programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress