How has your SGN4's metallic bezel held up?

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I got my SGN4 roughly around October of last year and I use it as my primary electronic device. To be honest, my MacBook Air has seen significantly less use since then. It is with me from when I wake up until I goto sleep. It has seen its fair share of cases and tempered glass screen protectors. Yet I still find myself using the device as the way I first received it with the exception of the wireless charging back cover. It is definitely appealing to the eye along with the touch without a case or temper glass. Besides the damage that occurs from dropping the device like dents or nicks in the metallic bezel. I've noticed that the metallic patina on both sides of the bezel have lost their shine. Not even a semi gloss shine is present, now it looks more along the lines of just dull and hazy. This could be from the contact when slipping it out of my jeans, jackets, sweaters, etc. Has anyone else experienced this wear and tear? Ill try to snap some photos if I have the chance.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
There's a video by Pocket now, After the buzz: Galaxy note edge. He mentions how this problem does occur and how he has managed to get rid of this problem by using sand paper and evening out the edges himself. Sorry can't link you directly to that video but go to YouTube and search

After the buzz: Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Mine is still fine despite at first I was switching out cases frequently. Also here's two AC articles that stated that.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4, two months on | Android Central

Here's an excerpt from the above article: The metal band, particularly the reflective chamfers around its edges, are prone to picking up scratches and other signs of wear, just from being taken in and out of a pocket over a couple of months. In fact, the first signs of wear on the metal band started to appear within a week and it's progressed steadily since then. It doesn't look terrible, but it's an unwelcome sign of wear I haven't noticed with any other metal phone . . .

The second AC article: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, six months on | Android Central

And another excerpt from that article: Over six moths of use, my Note 4 has picked up its fair share of knocks and scrapes . . . those reflective chamfers are the first part of the phone to lose their luster, picking up scratches after just a couple of weeks, and continuing in that vein as the months progress. From a normal viewing distance the wear and tear isn't immediately noticeable, but look closer and it's plain to see. There isn't a single spot of the metallic trim that hasn't worn at least slightly.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This absolutely did the trick for me. Use aluminum polish. I got it at advanced auto parts for 6 bucks. My metal Fram was scratched up and I polished it with a q tip.

Attachments

• 15 - 1 (6).jpg
    15 - 1 (6).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 15 - 2 (9).jpg
    15 - 2 (9).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 15 - 3 (3).jpg
    15 - 3 (3).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 20

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
This absolutely did the trick for me. Use aluminum polish. I got it at [A]dvanced [A]uto [P]arts for 6 bucks. My metal [f]ram[e] was scratched up and I polished it with . . . [Q]-tips.

Cool! This give me an idea that if need be, then I'll use what I have readily available which Bon Ami. Thanks for the idea! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez