Back to Stock SM-N910T3

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have just recently used a method to root in XDA forums...went perfect, except now I'm having some issues with my phone having a delay in opening from sleep. Probably going back to stock but do not know which version to use of the firmware, see below:

I'm currently on 5.1.1, My Device is SM-N910T3

DOG1

or

DOFC

?

My "guess" is that DOG1 is the latest, just need to know if I need to do DOFC then DOG 1 or just flash DOG1?

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're flashing a whole ROM, not an update, you just flash the ROM you want. Flashing an earlier ROM first is just a waste of effort. They're both 5.1.1, so I'd download G1 and try it and, if there are any problems (someone on XDA noted that the update killed wifi calling, but that may be only his phone [a T, not a T3] or an update issue), flash FC.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll tell you something weird though. I did go ahead and flash the DOFC first, only because I'm impatient, as I was downloading both from Sams, and it got through first :-D Anyway, when it was all said and done, it was DOFC but only thing, all my apps/settings were exactly as it was on the Rooted version of 5.1.1....including my fingerprint scanner to unlock phone! Not arguing, as I really wasn't looking forward to redoing all that. I realize that I probably will have to do factory reset, because of lingering issues from not resetting, but it was just weird, because I have flashed original FW's before, and that process always wiped back to factory.

bongaloman001

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
hey i have the sm-n910t3 too but i messed up trying to root it and now want to go back to stock.

where did you find the download for the firmware? i can't find anything online....

did you just google sm-n910t3 and look for firmware downloads?

rrspikes

May 15, 2011
Visit site
hey i have the sm-n910t3 too but i messed up trying to root it and now want to go back to stock.

where did you find the download for the firmware? i can't find anything online....

did you just google sm-n910t3 and look for firmware downloads?

Go to sammobile and enter SM-N910T3 in the firmware find device search.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im trying to buy a N910T3 from Tmobile and i need to confirm if it says N910T3 on the outside of the box where the IMEI, SN HW stickers are.
There were 4 in the store i went to and all had Model as N910T UD with H/W Version 1.1
So to me its a regular N9910T and Not a T3.. They wont actually open the phone up unless I buy it. And i dont want to buy it unless its a confirmed T3.
So to the guys who have one, what did the outside of the box say?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Some have mentioned a T3 might be a developer edition, however if it has a TMO log on it and its got the TMO ROM and software its obviously not a developer edition.
Working in a repair shop its really got me wondering if there are any hardware differences OR if the T3 units seem to be working better because they are shipping with 5.1.1

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is a silly question but, what's so special about the T3? I have one and it seems to have memory leaks all the time.

Up untill a few weeks ago the T3 version was the only one with 5.1.1 the Original T version was on 5.0.x and many people reported issues with them.
I got a T3 and was very happy with it untill the most recent update that added the TMO meessaging.
Now my device is laggy at times and i feel my battery life has dropped 15-20%.

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That's precisely what's happening to me. One more thing though: When I open Facebook, it appears very laggy and at times, it goes all black on me. What can I do in that case? Should I just send it back???

ManDroid7

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Some have mentioned a T3 might be a developer edition, however if it has a TMO log on it and its got the TMO ROM and software its obviously not a developer edition.
Working in a repair shop its really got me wondering if there are any hardware differences OR if the T3 units seem to be working better because they are shipping with 5.1.1

Did you ever find out if there are any differences between the two models????

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever find out if there are any differences between the two models????

Unfortunately no. I have not been able to find out if there are any hardware differences between the two.
I do know that on my T3 the latest update that added TMo messaging has slowed my device down. I am no longer happy with how well it runs.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have both versions of the T-Mobile N4. The only difference I've notice is GPS is much improved on the T3.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non