How can I get rid of a virus on my Note 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Virus issue Note 4

Ok so I have a Note 4 and the new Galaxy Tab. I started work recently with a new trucking company and the terminal had free wifi. So did the hotel I stayed at. I did my updates for both devices there, as well as downloaded a game for the tablet.

The tablet only has one real symptom... any game I play with medium or higher resource requirements will crash after a few minutes, even games that had been very stable.

The phones symptoms are far more in nature and I hate my old Droid that I am currently forced to use.

Note I cannot root nor perform a factory reset due to text message based evidence worth half a years salary...

So the phone adds 011 to phone numbers I try to redial after being called by them, it reduces volume to some of those I call (lots of complaints that they cannot hear me), it has dumped calls even in high signal areas, it now occassionally with Boat Browser spams on some pages warnings about expired certificates before crashing, it... new paragrap.

It will sometimes inert the dialpad in middle of a call (calling voicemail can suck), it will also at random times use up a full battery as if I was actually using it the whole sleep period.

I would very much like to restore it, feel free to walk me into advanced stuff as I was a certified windows tech in the day but have no training on tech supporting a phone. I have tried to use an AV, "most downloaded" on the App Store but it never saw a bloody thing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty