Got the 5.1.1 update last night!

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering could someone tell me exactly what's new on the new update? Have noticed some animation changes here and there, and i believe slightly improved battery life.

Also, i have a question. Regarding WhatsApp Messenger notifications, before this update when i received lets say messages from 3 people, it would show the friends name, along with a line of their message. But now it just says "3 messages from 3 chats".. anyone know how to change it back so I can read at least a line of their message while it pops up on the top banner?? I use my phone mostly for whatsapp so would be helpfull if someone can help please :)

Thanks in adv.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm still waiting to see news of the AT&T Note 4. I'm with T-Mobile now and I either have to do the update on the computer or take it to Best Buy.

Krack-Berri

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Im from the UK so have no idea about AT&T lol.

Btw sorry for any confusions. I meant the phone was originally locked to o2 UK, but now unlocked. Using it on vodafone!

Also, can anyone help me with whatsapp notifications? This is what i mean..the one with the pink/red background is 5.1.1 and the stock purple green wallpaper note 4 is still on 5.0.1

Yes its just made up chats but you can see what i mean, how do i get it to pop up showing the actual messages?? or is this something that is not supported in the new update?

EoleiNl.jpg

kvgkW3h.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20150930-WA0048.jpg
    IMG-20150930-WA0048.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 232

Fetter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 4 on Sprint and got the update quite a while ago now (more than 2 months ago maybe). It's mostly an update to fix the stagefright vulnerability that was going around.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 4 on Sprint and got the update quite a while ago now (more than 2 months ago maybe). It's mostly an update to fix the stagefright vulnerability that was going around.

It was the update to 5.1.1 also. The differences with 5.1.1 and 5.0.1 aren't huge.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
These are are my settings. It gives me a popup of individual message or if from more than one chat single line per chat. Sliding down on line opens that line only. Can reply directy from Lockscreen 2015-10-02 04.52.07.jpg'whatsapp setting "notifications"
2015-10-02 04.52.55.jpg device settings.
I'm on 5.1.1

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I also got it last night. Minor changes but I don't really see any noticeable differences except for that my ram went from 3gb to 2.71 gb and they installed some app called Smart Manager through the update.

Also, they took away a feature I liked. On some actions you would get the action of choosing "Just Once" or "Always" when you can use multiple apps. For certain things I like that feature, is there a way to get that back? Thanks.