Ram memory?

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Why does this phone insist on closing things. It will leave them open on the task manager but if you go from app to app it has to reload each time.
It feels like there's not enough ram. I've even had the motor trend app fail to open because it said there's not enough memory. I don't have a problem switching between apps on my 2014 moto x which has less ram. I also checked the usage app and I average 1.6 gb of ram free.
Is there anything I can do to allow things to stay stored in ram longer?
Oh I have an ATT note 4 running 5.0.1.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Why does this phone insist on closing things. It will leave them open on the task manager but if you go from app to app it has to reload each time.
It feels like there's not enough ram. I've even had the motor trend app fail to open because it said there's not enough memory. I don't have a problem switching between apps on my 2014 moto x which has less ram. I also checked the usage app and I average 1.6 gb of ram free.
Is there anything I can do to allow things to stay stored in ram longer?
Oh I have an ATT note 4 running 5.0.1.

I'm having the same problem, and it's due to the memory leak bug in Lollipop. As for making apps and services stay in RAM longer, try disabling any preinstalled apps, or uninstalling any unused apps to see if that works

Posted from the one and only Note 4

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
OK thanks. I completely forgot about the memory leak. If I clear the cache partition would that help or not really?

For some reason, not all of my apps are affected. For example, the Facebook app seems to always stay in RAM, while an app like snapchat or chrome doesn't. Clearing the cache partition only helps a little, then it goes back to like before I cleared the cache. It's weird

Posted from the one and only Note 4

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
That's weird. On mine every app is forced out of RAM.
And to make matters worse, it doesn't look like AT&T is going to update us to 5.1.1 anytime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch