Factory Reset with 5.1.1

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
So, a couple good folks told me that a factory reset would solve my horrible battery life after this update. I was skeptical about doing it, about losing my data etc. I did it last night, and I have no regrets, phone is running much smoother now, maybe even close to when I had it on Kit Kat. I can even tell right away battery life has improved, but the real test will be today. The reset went so smooth, it's amazing, lollipop even started downloading all my apps automatically to my phone. I just backed up my pics etc to either Dropbox or One Drive and I'm good.

Sanjay.

Posted via the Android Central App

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
One caution - if you are running MobileIron/TouchDown for your email, I and a couple of other people at my company have noticed that a factory reset causes the fingerprint reader to stop reporting as a valid security method to MobileIron after a factory reset.

Having said that, the hassle of entering my password several dozen times a day is worth the performance improvement doing the reset. And probably no one else out there is running MobileIron. But if you are and you just upgraded to 5.1.1 and you are loving that fingerprint unlock, finally, you have a choice... :(

Sanjay Ramoutar

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
One caution - if you are running MobileIron/TouchDown for your email, I and a couple of other people at my company have noticed that a factory reset causes the fingerprint reader to stop reporting as a valid security method to MobileIron after a factory reset.

Having said that, the hassle of entering my password several dozen times a day is worth the performance improvement doing the reset. And probably no one else out there is running MobileIron. But if you are and you just upgraded to 5.1.1 and you are loving that fingerprint unlock, finally, you have a choice... :(

Don't use those, so no problems, lol, thanks though. I'm just so happy my Note 4 is working like it used to again.

Sanjay

Posted via the Android Central App