4.4.4 Is it time?

cccc2004

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 (Verizon) has been running great on 4.4.4. Occasionally a few apps stop but over all
works great. Should I stay with 4.4.4 or do the update?

Thank you in advance and appreciate your wisdom...

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I was running 4.4.2 on my S5 for the whole two years I owned it and it ran great. For the Note, I've opted to keep up to date, no issues here.

Note 4 910C 5.1.1 | Android Central App

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Like Synycalwon, I'm also on Kitkat 4.4.4. My main issue with LP (or MM) is the UI. Overall, the UI is too bright for me (everything is white), floating icons get in the way on my Contact's list, lower contrast in the Notification panel since they lightened the green and kept the lettering white. I'm old, so lower contrast is a problem for me, and I just can't stand what I call all that "white blindness"! LOL! Battery life on KK is also awesome on my phone and it runs perfectly fine just the way it is. I can see no compelling reason at all for me to upgrade to LP or MM.

One thing to keep in mind... Since you're on Verizon, there is no way to downgrade back to Kitkat if you take an OTA upgrade to LP. You will be stuck on LP forever! That said, there is what is called a "safe upgrade" posted on XDA forum by major contributor hsbadr where you can upgrade to LP via ODIN, and then downgrade back to KK if you don't like LP. The safe upgrades started in BOF1 and there have been several continuing updates as LP advanced. I won't post a link here, so if you're thinking about it, search XDA and read "all" the threads on the subject so there is no confusion about what needs to be done. Note that anytime you start flashing your phone, you take a risk, so proceed with caution. If you have no specific needs that LP offers, you should probably just stay on KK... it's been an awesome and reliable OS!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87