Moving Apps to SD Card after MM Update

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Did the MM update and actually did a factory reset. There are a few apps I want to move to SD card so I went to Settings>Applications>application manager. I scrolled down to apps I know I had on SD card before but there is no option for that anymore. Also used to be able to see which apps are download, which ones on SD card and which ones are disabled. Am I missing something here?

The Fatyank

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I dug around a bit more and figured out how to do it. Go to settings > applications > application manager. Select the app you want to move to SD card. Next screen will show you app info and 2 options at top to uninstall or force stop. Right below that it displays storage. Tap on the word "storage". A new screen will open. This will show where that app is installed. If you want to move it, tap on the word "change". A popup window will appear. This gives you the option of internal storage or SD card. Select the one you want. Again a new screen opens. It says "Export app". At the bottom of the page, tap on move. One more screen opens and moving finishes. When complete it will go back to screen showing new storage location for that app. If the app can not be moved there will be no option showing when after you tap on the word storage. It seems like a lot more steps than Lollipop but it works and most people aren't constantly moving to and from SD card.
Of course it works the same if you want to move app back to internal storage.

The Fatyank

44pirate

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I dug around a bit more and figured out how to do it. Go to settings > applications > application manager. Select the app you want to move to SD card. Next screen will show you app info and 2 options at top to uninstall or force stop. Right below that it displays storage. Tap on the word "storage". A new screen will open. This will show where that app is installed. If you want to move it, tap on the word "change". A popup window will appear. This gives you the option of internal storage or SD card. Select the one you want. Again a new screen opens. It says "Export app". At the bottom of the page, tap on move. One more screen opens and moving finishes. When complete it will go back to screen showing new storage location for that app. If the app can not be moved there will be no option showing when after you tap on the word storage. It seems like a lot more steps than Lollipop but it works and most people aren't constantly moving to and from SD card.
Of course it works the same if you want to move app back to internal storage.

The Fatyank

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38