Note 4, text message lagging when typing, newest update

afx31

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, since I've done the latest software update I've come to notice, when typing text messages sometimes it'll lag big time. Also happens if you send 1 text and then go to type straight after it lags, sometimes freezes like crazy. I've cleared all app data/cache but it persists to happen..

Wondering if anyone else if having the same trouble and would know a fix.

Thanks very much!

Posted via the Android Central App

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Which text messaging app are you using? I had a problem with Verizon's message+ that was similar, so I switched back to the stock app. It works without any issues for me.

afx31

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Its the stock app I use.. its only had trouble since the latest update which changed a fair bit

Posted via the Android Central App

gietek

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same problem. I recently installed Omega ROM on my Note 4 and phone lags when using keyboard and scrolling through pages. It lags for a few seconds then it resumes. It happens every few minutes depending what I'm doing at the time.
Could it be that after installing custom rom my phone has the newest update, hence the lag?
Has anyone solved the problem?

ride22

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
This seems to be a common problem with the update. It is really making me regret the upgrade, and not to mention my battery life is now garbage and the phone is a heater.

I really feel like they do this on purpose to force more upgrades.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem as well, lag when sending. One thing for sure is disable advanced messaging in the stock app...its worse when it's turned on...ive wiped the cache partition which didn't help either. The only thing I haven't done is a total reset ...otherwise the phone seems to operate normal as before

ride22

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I have this problem as well, lag when sending. One thing for sure is disable advanced messaging in the stock app...its worse when it's turned on...ive wiped the cache partition which didn't help either. The only thing I haven't done is a total reset ...otherwise the phone seems to operate normal as before

The reset will not work either. I hate going away from the stock app, but I am about to throw my phone away over this issue. I just started looking for other texting apps; any suggestions?

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
ive been looking at other messaging apps but nothing appeals to me so im just gonna ride it out till I decide on an upgrade phone...the new messaging seems to work fine on the s7 phones with the advanced messaging turned off, messages instantly send with no lag

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38