Text Message app misbehaving

Dexter-o

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.
I have a Galaxy S8 on Kernal 4.4.111.
Yesterday I installed an update for a work related app from Playstore.
It turns out hundreds of colleagues on Android are having issues - the app would immediately crash when trying to open.
I've uninstalled, however since then, my received text messages on the stock SMS app are continuously resending to me, every hour or so, give or take, and its driving me mad!
I've done all the usual - restarted, cleared cache and data, but the messages are still coming, even though the app that appears to have caused it has been uninstalled. I've not come across any other apps that appear to have been affected.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Can you go into the settings - apps- stock app and click the 3 dots and uninstall updates to the stock app. This may solve the issue and then update the app again and see if that resolves it.

Reactions: mustang7757

unique9876

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
It seems like the app update may have caused a conflict with your SMS app. Try using a different SMS app from the Play Store to see if the issue persists. If that doesn't work, contact your mobile service provider for further assistance in resolving the continuous message resending issue.

Reactions: mustang7757