Weak Charging Detected

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
My original battery was starting to go so I bought an Anker replacement battery from Amazon a little more than a week ago. When I'm trying to use the phone while it's plugged in, I get this notification stating that weak charging has been detected and that battery is depleting power faster than it can charge. I've got several Samsung chargers and cables, so I tried all of them to make sure the problem wasn't with the charger or cable that I use most often - it wasn't. Only my fast charger seems to be able to charge the phone at a fast enough rate for me to be able to use the phone while it's plugged in and not deplete the battery.

Is this pretty common among Anker (or any non-Samsung) replacement batteries, or does it sound like I might have just got a defective battery?

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I guess I can give that a try but I'm not sure how that will help. Calibrating the battery is basically just an OS adjustment to get your phone to display an accurate % of power remaining on your current charge, it doesn't actually do anything to the battery itself. It's like calibrating the speedometer in your vehicle if you change the tire size. Your vehicle isn't going any faster or slower, the speed is just being displayed more accurately. I'll give it a shot though. Guess it can't really hurt anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38