Selling "water damaged" Note 4

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know where I can sell a Note 4 that has “water damage”? The phone never actually fell in water, but the water strip on the outside of the phone is pink. Since I can’t trade it in and no one would be it for a good price on the chance that I am lying and it does have water damage, I am curious if there is any place that would buy it?

Thanks!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
My Note 4 also has the water damage sticker tripped. My phone never got wet either and has never seen water. I also have one spare battery that's also tripped... it too, never saw water. However, I live in Hawaii where there's constant high humidity. A little disappointed that the sticker would trip from that, but I never intend to sell my phone so it doesn't matter that much to me.

I totally understand where you're coming from.

EDIT... I just got two brand new batteries from AC store and both don't have the water sticker on them. Hmmm... curious!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't see where it would be a real problem. Just be open about the issue on Swappa or whatever reputable phone sales place you want to sell it. I bet a whole lot of people are going to look at it and say "yeah, every phone I've ever had has had the water damage strip pink within a couple of months, so at least it's obvious this dude ain't lying to me."

As long as the phone operates normally in every way, I can't see why this would be a huge mark against you.

PS: I never even noticed the Note 4 had an external water damage indicator. The only one in the documentation is inside the middle housing, pretty deep inside the phone. Where is the external one located, please? Just curious.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't see where it would be a real problem. Just be open about the issue on Swappa or whatever reputable phone sales place you want to sell it. I bet a whole lot of people are going to look at it and say "yeah, every phone I've ever had has had the water damage strip pink within a couple of months, so at least it's obvious this dude ain't lying to me."

As long as the phone operates normally in every way, I can't see why this would be a huge mark against you.

PS: I never even noticed the Note 4 had an external water damage indicator. The only one in the documentation is inside the middle housing, pretty deep inside the phone. Where is the external one located, please? Just curious.
It sits right where the battery goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty