Black spot on screen?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my phone screen developed a black spot that is behind the screen as I cannot remove it.

It does not seem to be water damage as the phone has never been submerged.

Any way to remove it?

Is this something you think Samsung would fix / replace under warranty as the phone is only a few months old?

Thanks

IMG_20230828_090942386.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It would help if you highlight what you are referring to in the picture (a lot of it seems to be reflections). Are there any screen protectors installed? Does the 'black spot' show up with the screen on, or only visible when off? Darker patches can mean the adhesive between the glass and screen/digitizer could be separating, but most of the time, unless it's too big/visible while the screen is on and you can absolutely prove it wasn't due to impact (i.e. phone drop), it is unlikely covered by warranty.

Reactions: J Dubbs

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No screen protector installed.

Black spot is there when the screen is on and off.

I indicated where the black mark is - below the text.

IMG_20230828_090942386.jpg

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Given the size, position, and that it does affect the screen when it's lit, I would say this could be covered by warranty but definitely needs to be reviewed by a Samsung authorized service center.
I will be going to a Samsung authorized service center tomorrow morning.

Will report back.

Thanks

Reactions: SpookDroid

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I got the phone back and I think the repair shop (uBreakiFix) is very incompetent.

They returned the phone with the black circle still there!

They said they replaced the screen but upon closer inspection, it looks to be the original screen as there are still a lot of hairline scratches on it. I just don't think they did anything.

They said they would replace the screen again, but I already scheduled to have Best Buy replace it next Saturday.

They are also an authorized Samsung repair center

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I got the phone back and I think the repair shop (uBreakiFix) is very incompetent.

They said they replaced the screen but upon closer inspection, it looks to be the original screen as there are still a lot of hairline scratches on it. I just don't think they did anything.

They said they would replace the screen again, but I already scheduled to have Best Buy replace it next Saturday.

Yeah I've heard with ibreakufixit is 50/50

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Good luck with the repair at Best Buy. I hope that will be done properly so you'll be rid of this problem.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Update: Best Buy said they don't have the tools to do the repair which is strange considering they are an authorized service center.

I'll be mailing it back to Samsung.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail