Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the "OK Google" stopped working on the their Note 4? I was running an older version 5.10.32.19.arm and that was working flawlessly. The I upgrade to the latest version, 6.6.21.21.arm I retrain my voice, and it works once.... and then never again. So i tried to backout up date back to 5.10.32.19.arm, are back out the app crashes or works fine, until it auto-updates back to he 6.6.21.21.arm version. Either way the 6.6.21.21.arm doesn't work for me at all. The 5 Version worked fine. I emailed google no response as of yet.....

Note 4
Marshmellow 6.01

PCE

catberryday

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue. It would work once then no more. I would keep having to go into Google settings and turn it on.

At the same time I was having issues with an app that gave voice alerts. Through trying to fix this I discovered the cause was S voice. I had to update S voice. Once I did I was able to change the TTS to google from Samsung. I couldn't before and when I tried Settings would crash.

So try going to Phone Settings then Accessibility TTS settings. See if you can change the voice from Samsung to Google. If not go to the Samsung app store and update S voice. Then switch to google voice.

I hope this helps. Edit: I forgot to mention OK Googled stopped working for me when the phone upgrade to Marshmallow. Updating S Voice is what fixed it.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
The weird thing is, I have never used S-Voice and it not even set up. And like i said, the old version 5.x worked fine, no issues. Its just when I moved to this latest version I have had issues.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I tried changing TTS to from SS to google, it and retrained my voice. S-voice is up to date. OK google, worked once and just brought up a search box that you type in. No voice. I think this is a Google App issue, like I said 5.10.32.19.arm worked great.

Emailed google and I got there generic troubleshooting steps crap. Might look at their forums next. I see in the reviews others are having issues also. Just a bummer, I really liked OK google.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
It worked before the marshmallow update. I've cleared the cache, but the problem remains. I think I'm going to have to factory reset this weekend. Hopefully it will clear up some other issues as well.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
When I got Marshmellow the 1st thing I did was do a factory reset. And it was working fine (version 5.10.32.19.arm) but this latest update from google broke it....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non