Ok Google stuck on

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it actually respond if you say "OK Google"? If not, then the functionality is off, which is the important thing. The "Say OK Google" in the bar used to disappear on its own after a certain amount of time, but I've been using Nova Launcher for a while now (without the Google search bar widget), so I'm not sure if that's still the case.

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it actually respond if you say "OK Google"? If not, then the functionality is off, which is the important thing. The "Say OK Google" in the bar used to disappear on its own after a certain amount of time, but I've been using Nova Launcher for a while now (without the Google search bar widget), so I'm not sure if that's still the case.
Yes. It seems to be that the search widget has Ok Google active and responds by default - seems like recently too because I don't remember seeing that before. I removed the widget and now Ok Google no longer functions. That's what I want because I have suspicions that it was eating into my battery life.

shane0569

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes. It seems to be that the search widget has Ok Google active and responds by default - seems like recently too because I don't remember seeing that before. I removed the widget and now Ok Google no longer functions. That's what I want because I have suspicions that it was eating into my battery life.

I am having this issue as of the last few days as well. It seems Google used an update to force this option to remain active. Even after "disabling" it in the options. If anyone has any input on how to get rid of this, please let us know!