At a Glance

jelp2

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to tryout the At a Glance widget and turned off the At a Glance setting ( original setting). It turned everything off except for the date. I can't seem to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231020-170114.png
    Screenshot_20231020-170114.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 48

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Any reason why the At a Glance widget on the Pixel isn't updated to the new one?

Oh okay. Thanks! Makes no sense to me why it would be designed as such.
That's just how the Pixel's UI is designed. You can't remove the default At a Glance widget or the search bar at the bottom of the screen. As @YankInDaSouth mentioned, download a launcher and you can change those things.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Or just do what I've done with my P6P since release week and just make your "home" screen the next one to the right. Since that's the desktop page I'm on most of the time, if I open an app and then press the home button or swipe back to home, it goes to that screen. If you tap home or swipe once on the adjacent desktop, it then takes you to the actual home screen.

This way, I didn't have to install a launcher and learn how to use it AND I don't have to be stuck with a main desktop screen with a stupid search bar at the bottom and At A Glance at the top, taking up precious real estate.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Or just do what I've done with my P6P since release week and just make your "home" screen the next one to the right. Since that's the desktop page I'm on most of the time, if I open an app and then press the home button or swipe back to home, it goes to that screen. If you tap home or swipe once on the adjacent desktop, it then takes you to the actual home screen.

This way, I didn't have to install a launcher and learn how to use it AND I don't have to be stuck with a main desktop screen with a stupid search bar at the bottom and At A Glance at the top, taking up precious real estate.
Good tip

Reactions: srvctec

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Correction:

The search bar is at the bottom of each home screen but the At A Glance isn't at the top on any but the actual home screen.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Correction:

The search bar is at the bottom of each home screen but the At A Glance isn't at the top on any but the actual home screen.
This was a good idea until I forgot the pixel launcher doesn't let you add multiple home pages like Samsung and rearrange which is the home screen;(

Reactions: srvctec

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
This was a good idea until I forgot the pixel launcher doesn't let you add multiple home pages like Samsung and rearrange which is the home screen;(
Right. You just have to pretend the page you designate as your home page is the home page.

It's been my workaround since I got my P6P and I'm so used to it, I don't even think about it anymore.

Reactions: mustang7757

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej