Spare batteries

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My Note 4 from Amazon will arrive in the next day or two. What extra batteries do you guys Have? I just started looking on Amazon and saw a Powerbear battery that looked good.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten one OEM battery with a charger and a pair of Anker batteries with Anker's charger. Both purchases have worked out well. I've heard good things about PowerBear, but the best thing to do is scour through the reviews looking for initially bad reviews that have a seller response - bad batteries happen but if the vendor posts something apologetic and offers to quickly ship out a replacement, I tend to have more confidence in their brand.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My Note 4 from Amazon will arrive in the next day or two. What extra batteries do you guys Have? I just started looking on Amazon and saw a Powerbear battery that looked good.

I think it was back in May last year when I bough two OEM batteries on eBay. They were about $11-12 each. I'm still using them today. Very reliable. I don't remember the seller anymore but don't rule out eBay.

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Anker battery in my phone currently is a year old, still holding a charge well with decent SOT. I also have two OEM batteries purchased directly from Amazon, not third-party seller, that work great.

Gotta be careful purchasing OEM batteries. I purchased one from shop Android during a deal I saw on Android Central and that battery held a charge for approximately one month and then consistently began dying after 4 hours of use. Gotta be a knock off...

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Gotta be careful purchasing OEM batteries. I purchased one from shop Android during a deal I saw on Android Central and that battery held a charge for approximately one month and then consistently began dying after 4 hours of use. Gotta be a knock off...

Could also have been a defective - they happen even with OEMs. Contact them and see if they will replace it - it should still be under warranty easily within a month.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
That is a possibility. I got the battery for $15 I think so no huge loss.

Agreed $15 isn't a huge loss, but if it's been less than about 6 months since you bought it it's probably still worth making a warranty claim. If for no other reason than few vendors want to hear their customers saying "I bought something from this vendor, it was bad, and I didn't give them the opportunity to show off their customer service - I just moved on. Meh." to their potential customers.

Most vendors would rather make you happy so you say good things about their customer service department. It's worth the expense of making you happy to have you talk about how happy they made you to a large number of other potential customers. :)