cpu temperatures of n910v (note 4-verizon) ?

A

AC Question

ok guys i am running marshmallow, the phone is set to airplane mode as i haven't have a sim card. i did a stress test from stress cpu software from google play. in the start when every thing was normal, the cpu temp was 40c, i think this is because the temperature is 35c around. but as soon as i hit the stress button and wait for 5 seconds and stop the test, the cpu temperature jumps to 68, and then after more 5 seconds ( a total of 10 seconds) it turn 80c. then i turn the test off. only in 10 seconds, the temperatures turned from 42 to 80c. however, the cellphone doesn't feel hot, but the rise in temperature causes cpu to throttle down from 2500 to 1190 mhz. maybe is there a fault with the cell phone? also, the temperature stress cpu shows is the same as (tsens_tz_sensor0) the firsrt thermal sensor in cpu z.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome, we probably need more info in order to help please, join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

It could be a battery issue, or something else mechanical with the phone that is the most likely culprit. Less likely but possible is a software issue.

5HAH3

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
yep , i am experiencing huge performance issues. actually when ever i start a game, the cpu automatically throttles to 1190 mhz. even if the mobile is never used for 1 hour before and it is perfectly idle.the game only uses 2 cores, and both are at 1190 when the game starts. when i go to recent tasks and come back in game, for 4 seconds, both two cores run at 2550 mhz. (full performance). but after 4 seconds, both come again at 1190mhz. when i check the temperature when the 2cpu cores are at 2550mhz, the temp gets from 52-54 to 72-75, so then thermal throttle occurs. this is the case ewith this app stress cpu. in the start, it is 46c,but even if i run the test for only 5 seconds, the cpu temp gets 72c . this whole 5 seconds, the cpu is running at 2550mhz, but after the temp raeches above than 75c, it throttles to 1950, then 1500 and so on.i mean in 5 seconds, from perfectly idle to being running at 2550mhz, the temp gets so hot it does thermal throttling.

5HAH3

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
but yea the phone doesn't feel hot. i think its because it takes time for heat to be transfered from cpu to the mobile. i mean in 5 seconds the mobile can't feel so hot/

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaning towards a battery issue. BUT I will see if I can get anyone else to come help also. :)

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time with the fact that 75c can't be felt immediately. These phones are thin, any temp increase should be felt well within 5 seconds. What are you using for your thermal readings?

Also, these phones do not have unlimited video resources, are you sure the game you're tying to play is just not overpowering the phone and its shutting down in self defense so to speak?

5HAH3

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
i am using 2 apps (cpu z, and the stress cpu's own temperature) to see the temperature. yes nothing feels hot for 5 seconds, but after 5 seconds, only when i remove the back cover and then touch the region beneath the camera, i feel warmer than the whole phone. i tried to stress it for 30 seconds, after 15 seconds the temperature goes to 80c.and keeps at 80/82 for rest of stress test of 30 seconds. i ran it for a minute, then i felt the whole mobile get hot.

nah, game doesn't uses the gpu, the gpu is constant at 240mhz, it only uses 2 cpu cores.

5HAH3

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
hmm what? i think the battery was faulty after all. i changed the battery and the game ran smooth. but what i don't know is what has battery to do with the cpu temperature and thermal throttling? i will see some temperatures later.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hmm what? i think the battery was faulty after all. i changed the battery and the game ran smooth. but what i don't know is what has battery to do with the cpu temperature and thermal throttling? i will see some temperatures later.

For sure the battery could be your culprit. Over time they can and do degrade. Replacing the battery is not always a wise move unless you are SURE of your source. Have you considered a newer phone?

5HAH3

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
ok new situation here. now i plugged my old battery in, and it works just as fine as before. actually , there was a visible fault in old battery. at around 30%, the batery would go dead, and when recharging, it would charge from 0%. now when i got the new battery, i drained it from 44 to 9 %, so clearly the new battery was good. but, i tried my old battery again and it was at 60%. now i don't know but it also drained to 8%? i mean every time the old battery was around 30% it died, but now it didn't die even at 8%? and game is running on both batteries just fine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non