how is it possible for Stylus to not work?

bootlooped

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
My 2nd Note 4, obtained from t-mobile through JUMP. Stylus is the same from the previous phone. It still doesn't work. I can't draw in S Note. Cannot capture screen... the button makes that menu come up but that's it. Verified same problems without my protective case.

I have ordered $5 "oem Samsung" Note 4 stylus. Maybe it will work...

My question: How is it possible for it not to work? What's there to a stylus?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Note 4 Accessories forum to the main Note 4 forum.

The S Pen isn't just a simple stylus -- read here: https://www.androidauthority.com/break-it-down-how-does-the-s-pen-work-154435/. So it could be a problem with the S Pen itself, or the phone's screen. I'd bring it back to the store and ask for another replacement.

Are you certain the replacement stylus you ordered is an actual S Pen (and not a simple stylus without S Pen features)?

bootlooped

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
Great information. Thanks. I didn't know any of that. The replacement is for $5.85; the description says "Original Samsung Galaxy Note 4 black Touch Stylus S Pen Replacement new" which may not be accurate, I suppose, depending on the seller. It had numerous positive reviews. The next price up was for $27..

Nothing to do with Android, but I see the tracking number they gave me doesn't work with DHL's website. Huh. ...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy it on eBay? If so, then don't worry too much -- they're good about protecting the buyer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think Amazon's good about it as well. But if it doesn't work, and if you can't get a refund, at least you would have lost only a few bucks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch