Galaxy note 4 won't update

Jrnalley88

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site
My galaxy note 4 with t mobile won't updat.I've tried checking for updates.it downloads then after it finishes my phone restarts then says update failed.don't understand.I'm still runny a nfl Droid 4.4.4 kit Kat I believe.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the KitKat forum to the Note 4 forum, since this is more of a device-specific issue.

What's the exact model number of the phone? Are you checking for updates using the Settings>System Updates option, or are you downloading the update file from a website?

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28932. Also, is the phone rooted?

Kyle Greig

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I actually have the same issue! !!! Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Verizon SM-910V. I go through the settings and check for updates, the phone will prompt me to update and I'll accept, then the phone will start downloading the update and crash, I eventually gave up and just decided to stick with Kitkat 4.4.4! Kitkat runs well on the Note 4, but I fear that many apps will soon stop supporting 4.4.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol